• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 freezes when importing files - solved

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very big project (close to 2000 pages).  Suddenly when I tried to import a page into a new folder in my project, Robohelp froze and did not recover.  I ended up having to shut it down through Task Manager.  I tried again and again and again, tried importing other files, tried rebooting, tried copying the project to a local drive - but nothing worked, RoboHelp always froze.

The page I was trying to import is actually an old one that hasn't changed and was part of the project before.

Well - finally I found the solution, I made a blank page with nothing but the html, head, and body tags and was able to import that into my new folder.  After that I was again able to import my old file again.

Having battled this problem for hours - I wanted to share.

I am running RH 7.03 on Win XP.

To Adobe - I am sorry to say but RoboHelp is not one of your better products.  Very unstable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

satli_is wrote:

Tried copying the project to a local drive - but nothing worked, RoboHelp always froze.   

That is more than likely your problem right there. RoboHelp uses an Access database at its heart (the project's .CPD file) and Access is notorious for having issues when run on a networked drive. As a result you should never use RoboHelp on anything else than a local drive. The chances are that the CPD file became bloated or corrupt causing your issue.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually - I reverted from running the project locally after seeing that it didn't matter, so when I solved the problem I was running the project on a network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums are littered with posts from people just like you who have been running on a network for ages but then suddenly hit issues, like the one you originally had. It is up to you, but if you want an easy life I'd follow my and other's advice on this one

What I was trying to suggest in my first response was that there may have been a resource issue at the heart that may have caused your problem. This may not have been networt related. However moving your source over to a network drive will almost certianly cause you further and deep rooted issues further down the line.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>I am running RH 7.03 on Win XP.

>To Adobe - I am sorry to say but RoboHelp is not one of your better products.  Very unstable.

To @satli_is - I am sorry to say but RH 7.03 is obsolete - if you want to criticize a product, make sure to use the latest version of it before offering an opinion.

Also, best practices (as Colum says) for locating projects is in a C:\projects\\ structure, not on the network or buried too deeply in your My Documents folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp