2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 12:14 AM by Koen Schrauwen

Datalist questions(s)

Koen Schrauwen

Hi there,

I have a few questions regarding the Datalist function in FC 5.5. Is there a way to change the order of the items, rows in the Datalist? I would like to use a datalist to show viewers newsitems, so it would be nice if the newest post ("row") would show up first. How can I achieve this in FC 5.5? Another Datalist related questions is about the states of the Repeateditems in the datalist. Is there a way to reset this after I hover over an item? And how can I prevent the following from occurring: at the moment i have the 3 states of my repeateditems defined, where the selected state is a lot bigger then the other states. When I first open the page my datalist is working properly, when I hover over the page the biggest item seems to define the rollover-area? I've tried using the clipping tool, but this won't allow me to set the clipping differently for each state. Any suggestions?

Greetings from Holland, Koen.

• 1. Re: Datalist questions(s)
          AeroROACH

I have a few questions regarding the Datalist function in FC 5.5. Is there a way to change the order of the items, rows in the Datalist? I would like to use a datalist to show viewers newsitems, so it would be nice if the newest post ("row") would show up first.

About this question I think that Flash Catalyst just have the Datalist and Design-Time data for show layout and will be easier to develop the code in Flash Builder. Flash Catalyst itself can't complete the job it has to cooperate with Flash Builder to fetch and input data in database(you can order data that you want by your code in Flash Builder).

Is there a way to reset this after I hover over an item? And how can I prevent the following from occurring: at the moment i have the 3 states of my repeateditems defined, where the selected state is a lot bigger then the other states. When I first open the page my datalist is working properly, when I hover over the page the biggest item seems to define the rollover-area? I've tried using the clipping tool, but this won't allow me to set the clipping differently for each state. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure that i can understand your question or not but i'll suggest that if you want to make a transition or change shape between state make sure that you look in the time line and select the stage that you want to edit correctly such as you want to edit selected stage,you have to select time line to normal > selected or slelected > normal and then don't forget to choose stage on top panel to "selected"

Hope this can help

• 2. Re: Datalist questions(s)
            Koen Schrauwen Level 1

Hmm, not quite the answer I was hoping for. I'm not a real coding (Flash Builder) expert and had hoped to solve most of my problems in Flash Catalyst.

Let me try and explain the second part of my question some more. In the Datalist there are three states for your data: normal, over and selected. In my normal and over state I have a small box defined with some text and a picture as repeated-items. In the selected state however I want the article and the picture to expand so it can contain some more information. I've got this working, but when you run it, the size of the objects in the selected state seem to define the roll-over area for the other states. Am I making any sense? I've put up an example here: http://web.me.com/koen_schrauwen/Main.html

In the example I don't want anything to happen when you hover over one of the items like it does now, only when you hover over the picture something should happen. Last question was how, when you clicked, and you are in the selected state, can I get everything to "reset"? Because at the moment there's always a window open.

Greetings from (a sunny) Arnhem, Koen.