0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 7:40 AM by jimtickle

Building Flex project and libraries using mxmlc, compc but using different sdks

jimtickle

Hi all

Im at a bit of a loss at the moment, can anyone shed any light on this?

I have a rather large flex application that uses 5 flex libaries and 1 flex project to build. These libraries use various versions of the flex sdks. From 3.5 to 4.5. The main applicaation project uses 4.5.

The project builds and runs successfully in the IDE. It also builds successfully using the compiler exe's (mxmlc and compc). But when i come to run it i get strange runtime errors that dont appear when running through the IDE.

VerifyError: Error #1053 Illegal override of minValue in flashx.textLayout.property.NumberProperty.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
               at mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()
               at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDocFrameReadyHandler()
               at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
               at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
               at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()
               at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
               at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I get numerous errors like this. The page just stays blank.

has anyone got any experience of building multiple projects that reference each other but using different sdk versions over the command line?

The exact structure is as follows:

Lib1 - sdk 4.0 no refs

Lib2 - sdk 3.5 refs Lib1

Lib3 - sdk 3.5 no refs

Lib4 - sdk 4.5 no refs

Lib5 - sdk 4.0 refs Lib4

MainApp - sdk 4.5 refs All libs

The libs were all made at different times because they are used in another flex app where all the older projects are using 3.5.

Is the only real solution to upgrade all the libs to use 4.5? im hoping not . I dont really understand why it works in the IDE and not when built from the cmd line.

thanks in advance for any help, its much appreciated!