I'd recommend following the steps from the release notes from http://sourceforge.net/projects/osmf.adobe/files/OSMF%201.6%20-%20Sprint%205%20%28pre-rele ase%20source%2C%20documentation%20and%20release%20notes%29/
Also, please make sure there's no osmf.swc in the flex sdk libs.
Let me know if this worked.
Thank you for your answer, but I didnt resolve (I read many times the release notes, not helping). So I tried from the beginning, I describe here.
I'm using Flex 4.5, Adobe Flash Builder 4.
- Created a new project, empty, only with a VideoDisplay component and a source.
- Verified that with the default library it works, and it works.
- Downloaded the latest OSMF from the link you put above.
- Removed the old osmf.swc from ProjectProperties/Flex Build Path. removed also phisically from the framework folder.
- Changed the Flash Player version required to 10.2. The additional command line option in the ReleaseNotes don't work: if a try to put them, I cannot press the Apply button in the window, is disabled. (see the screenshots)
- ERRORS with compiler arguments
- Tried with the notation -define=CONFIG::LOGGING,true and -define CONFIG::LOGGING true
- Added the new osmf.swc lib to my libs:
- No compile error.
I can also use new settings like OSMFSettings.enableStageVideo = false; so it means the lib is ok.
But when I run my app, I have the runtime error above!!!
I tried also to download the globalplayer.swc for the version 10.3, and force this in the project settings, same error.
My guess it that the VideoDisplay component cannot use a newer library osmf.
Did I do any mistake? Suggestions?
Try not to use the comma in the arguments:
-swf-version=11 -define CONFIG::LOGGING true -define CONFIG::FLASH_10_1 true -define CONFIG::MOCK false -define CONFIG::PLATFORM true
and I see 2 references to osmf.swc in the last image.
I already written in my post that I have tried with both, with and without comma, nothing.
You see 2 references because when I put the lib osmf.swc in the libs folder of my project, Flash builder refences automatically this to the project. They are not 2 different, but the same, same file.
Can you try to compile one of the helloworld applications, to see if they work as expected?
It works, but this is using MediaPlayerSprite directly.
I would like to use VideoDisplay component.
I also had this error when upgrading from Flex 4 to Flex 4.5.
I fixed it by choosing to Merge the Flex 4.5.1 library into the code (Rather than leaving as the "Use SDK Default" option)
Wouldn 't that prevent him from using the latest osmf.swc since an older version of OSMF is included in the Flex 4.5.1 framework?
Either way, I think if you're downloading the latest OSMF, there's no real point to bothering with the VideoDisplay component since you can very easily create a custom AS3 component that mimics the VideoDisplay with probably not more than 6 lines of code.