2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 12:50 PM by jimbir

Missing toolbar

jimbir

Adobe Reader X, Windows 7

I've noticed that when I open some PDF files the toolbar isn't shown. For instance this problem occurs with this file: 4004007.PDF. How do I fix this?

Thanks, Jim B

• 1. Re: Missing toolbar
          yogiperogy

I'm not a computer whiz

so I may not be understanding you correctly. When you say 'toolbar' do you mean the fully-functional style Adobe used for decades across the screen top? Or do you mean the new, limited-characters style that comes and goes at screen bottom when you move your mouse near it? If the latter, then try clicking on the stylized Adobe "A" at the far right of the 'phantom' toolbar and the traditional one will appear for that session. You have to do this each item you open Reader. I hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Missing toolbar
            jimbir Level 1

Thanks for the reply. This was happening when I opened a file in my browser I discovered your solution by accident. after the toolbar is opened, you can then save a copy of the file. when you open that file the toolbar automatically opens. Problem solved.  I noticed in another post that hitting the F8 key will do the same thing. I tried that and it does work.