5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 8:48 AM by VideoCrafters

hd to sd

VideoCrafters Level 1

I have a long timeline AVCHD 720 60p. It is 2 hours 11 minutes and 13 seconds.

I want to send it to Encore to make a DVD. I have tried Dynamic Link but Encore crashes during encode.

I tried MPEG2DVD but the file is too big using Match Attributes.

How should I proceed?

• 1. Re: hd to sd
          VideoCrafters Level 1

Ok, I tried making a movie using "match sequence settings". The movie plays fine, but when I load it into Encore using "import as timeline" it loads about half way and then locks up Encore. I have tried this on 2 different computers. Also I have tried remaking the movie several times. Something must be corrupt, but if the movie that I make plays fine.... I don't get it.

• 2. Re: hd to sd
            shooternz Level 6

Maybe you have a hardware or system issue. ( Ram , drives etc)

What are your 'puter specs?

• 3. Re: hd to sd
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Instead of using ADL, do a test with an Export, then Import to En. I'd take many of the variables out of the equation, and do a separate Video-only file, then an Audio-only file. Make sure to feed En somethig that it really likes, and do not try to force it to edit something else.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: hd to sd
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try exporting with the Adobe Media Encoder.

Don't use match settings but use one of the mpeg2-dvd presets

You get two files one for video and one for audio.

Load that into Encore and burn to dubble layer. Won't fit nicely a single layer disk.

• 5. Re: hd to sd
                  VideoCrafters Level 1

I tried to make the movie again. This time I clicked "use previews" and everything worked. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but finally I can move on.

Thanks for the ideas!