3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 9:24 PM by Samuel Chrisna

Adjusting Camera Distances

Samuel Chrisna Level 1

Hello guys...

I wanna do my work but i get some problems here..

I set my first camera point of interest at -93.4513 (you can see the picture below) and my first camera position at -675.2695

Screen shot 2011-06-17 at 11.40.08 AM.png

and, my second camera point of interest at 23.3628 and my second camera position -558.4553

Screen shot 2011-06-17 at 11.43.06 AM.png

so, i want my object is zooming in slowly. but, what i got here is, when i played it back, this camera zooming in so over and it zooming out to second camera position. You can see the picture below that value of point of interest and position are increasing and decreasing.

Screen shot 2011-06-17 at 11.43.52 AM.png

i'm using AE CS5 for mac. i didn't get this problem when i'm using AE CS3 if i'm not mistake..

• 1. Re: Adjusting Camera Distances
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would be that the spatial interpolation is set to bezier. Here's what I would do. Take a look at a top view with the camera selected so that you can see the motion path. Now press the G key to bring up the Pen tool or click on the Pen tool and hold until you reveal the convert vertex tool. It looks like a sideways V.

Now click on the middle keyframe in your comp window. You can't convert the keyframe in the timeline, it must be done in the comp window. This will convert the keyframe to linear. That should do it.

I'd know if this was the problem for sure if I could see the graph editor with position and speed values displayed. I'll bet it looks something like this:

Screen shot 2011-06-16 at 10.16.14 PM.png

You could also fix your problem by selecting all position keyframes and changing the Keyframe Interpolation to Linear. You'll find it under Animation>Keyframe Interpolation. This will convert all selected keyframes to linear which will probably be OK for this problem but it may foul up other more complex moves.

• 2. Re: Adjusting Camera Distances
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Same problem as described here.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Adjusting Camera Distances
              Samuel Chrisna Level 1

hey thanks Rick.. i follow your instruction which you said in the paragraph one. view with the top view and use the pen tool and select the point of position.. and my problem solved.. thanks..