1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2011 10:42 PM by Mylenium

Possible matchmoving help with two videos

JerryRoyals

Hi, I have dancer footage edited so the dancer looks like a silhouette. I also have video footage of sand being tossed and dropped. My goal is to make it the effect look as close to MK12's Quantum of Solace "sand dancer" in the intro. Right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w224BDLRZc&t=0m42s

I am using trapcode particular to help me out a little. The only way I can think of getting the sand to follow the dancer's movement is by tracking her 2D body and have the sand flow from the edge of her silhouette....bit confused...

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Possible matchmoving help with two videos
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Not really. Dig out the making of - it was all shot with real sand and the naked lady actually in the studio. If you were to attempt to do this digitally, this will take forever, especially since there is no such thing as a "contour emitter" in Particular. There are some such tools in the GenArts range, meaning particleIllusion and MonstersGT, though, but still, you seriously should consider a different approach to the whole matter... If you have shot sand effects already, trying to position and warp them into place might be more efficient...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful