1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 9:24 PM by jayd96288693

Error #2038 - IO error on local file open

peter_dtm

my wife has a Mills & Boons Account

her pc is Vista Ver 6.0.6002

Digital Editions v 1.7.2.1131

IE 9.0.8112.16421

Firefox 3.5.19

DE stopped working after my daughter loaded SIMS.

She tried re-installing DE

Problem : No response when using any method of trying to open a book in the DE library (Open; drag & drop; double click

After spending a lot of today on the forum I now have achieved the following :

In DE

DE --> Library/Add Item to library/(no option to select acsm file - so *.8 - select file) -

----------->>> the entry line in th elibrary view 'flashes' book details ----> goes blank ---> error message pops up :

URRLLink.acsm:

IO Error on local file open

Path:

D:\Downloads\URLLink.acsm

Event Details:

Error #2038

--end--

Drag & drop or double clicking the acsm files just switch window to DE; NO error messages

1) Followed delete all items in the restore folder procedure elsewhere on the forum

2) IE pointed at and opened http://ebook.lighteningsource.com - no problems

3) Firewall OFF (had tried using DE as an exception - no change)

4) Nothing obvious in WIndows event logs (please tell me Adobe do use event log notification AND register their programs properly)

5) On my ROUTER (Virgin Media/Netgear) I see NO attempt by my wife's PC to access the internet when trying to open a book

6) There is an URRLLink.epub file in the d/loadas well  - that won't load either - same error

7) there are but TWO books in the restore\books folder - yet she has many (100s) of Mills & Boons downloaded.

8) If I try and open those - I get the same results

9) There are NO books at all visible in DE

PC organised :-

Downloads from Firefox go to D:\Downloads\MonthYear\files.acsm

DE Library is located on D:\My Digital Editions

DE is installed on D:\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions (as it was before it failed)

Please let me know how to recover my wifes paid for books