1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2011 8:00 PM by sherlock_moles

Flash development and the 1366 x 768 screen resolution

sherlock_moles

Has anyone tried to run Flash Pro [or, more importantly, the entire Web Premium Creative Suite] on a laptop with 1366 x 768 screen resolution?  Yes, I am aware that the specs for the software say that 1280 x 800 is minimum.  What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is an outdated spec from before the 1366 x 768 screen size became basically the only thing you could get in a 14" or 15" laptop or whether there is actually something desperately important about those last 32 pixels that will cause the software to function improperly.  I want a laptop that I can use to work on projects so I don't have to work at my desk all the time, and I need to know if I can get an off the shelf laptop for a reasonable price, with specs that meet or exceed the requirements of the software, aside from screen res, or whether I must get a higher end laptop with the full 1080 vertical.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Flash development and the 1366 x 768 screen resolution
          sherlock_moles Level 1

For future reference, and so some poor soul in the future doesn't have the same issue getting an answer that I did: Flash Professional seems to work fine at 1366 x 768.  It is a teeny bit cramped, though it would be at 1280 x  800 as well.  I don't think I would ever want to ONLY use that size, but for the sake of not losing momentum on projects when I travel, it should be fine.

I finally realized that the easiest way to test this was to simply shift my desktop monitor from its native resolution [1440 x 900] to 1366 x 768 and trying to use the software for a while.  Not sure why it took me so long to figure that out, but there it is.