9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2011 4:37 PM by the_wine_snob

Problem with audio portion of imported video

kricfale Level 1

I have Premiere Pro CS 5. I capture video on my digital camera, Canon A1200, in MOV format. The first time I did this, I imported clips into Premiere and everything was fine (and I still have those clips working fine).

The next and subsequent times, however, whenever I import a clip, the video is fine but the audio track is horribly messed up. It's like it's taking a second or two from the entire track and replaying it over and over again. The original video file plays fine in QuickTime as well as in Windows Live Movie Maker. I haven't changed any settings in my camera and I've looked at the properties of the files that worked fine and the ones that didn't and can't see anything different between them.

I've done a lot of searching and can't find anything to explain what the problem might be. I'm fairly new to Premiere (self-taught) and find the help files about audio to be very difficult to understand without already knowing a lot about audio.

I've tried exporting the audio track from the MOV file to an AIFF and an AVI format using QuickTime Pro and importing them into Premiere. A couple of times it has worked. A couple of times, the audio comes out with nothing on it.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.