5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 3:25 PM by leo'ssite

Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.

leo'ssite Level 1

I am stumped. I am currently unable to play a project that I completed 1.5 weeks ago. The project is open, I ahve both the audio and video on the time line but when i press the space bar to play, nothing happens. I also imported a new project that i copied to the hard drive and same result. I ahve updated adobe prior to doing the first project so don't think that has anything to do with it. Haven't done much since. I did a recovery system to June 16, just to be on the safe side and nothing.

Specs.

12 gb ram

I7 core,

Nvidia 5000 card

Asus P6858D

• 1. Re: Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Hello Leo,

Just a few quick questions:

In the Project Panel, if you Dbl-click on one of the Assets, used on the Timeline, does it open and play in the Source Monitor?

Did you get any dialog boxes, asking "Where is file ____?"

You are not getting any Media Offline indicators, are you?

Media_Offline.png

What are the specs. of the Assets on the Timeline?

Thanks for that info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.
            leo'ssite Level 1

Sadly no to your questions. The project loads up normally. The assets comprise of numerous pictures with dialogue and background music. I have burned the project to a disc. I came back to the project as another one exhibeted the same problem. I figured that with project b (new one) didn't work, lets try and see if the problem comes up in project A (the burned project). I have no play situation in either project. There is also no missing data or offline info. Looks like I'll have to call adobe support on monday.

• 3. Re: Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for the information.

In you Project B (the new one), are the Assets the same type as with Project A (old one that burned)?

Just to make sure that I am still following, Project A (old one), worked fine originally. Was it with the same version of PrPro, or did you udate after that Project was burned?

If it worked before, then trying to figure out what might have changed, would be a likely next step.

Any major software, or hardware changes, since things did work?

For playback issues, I would check the video card's driver and if it's an nVidia w/CUDA, the CUDA drivers too. Do you have the very latest of each?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.
                leo'ssite Level 1

I ahve Adobe Creative 5, Master Collection. Project A (the old project) was burned with this software. Project B was HD footage taken from a Panasonic consumer hd camera. I downloaded to my harddrive and expeienced the same problem. The updated were done prior to burning project A.

• 5. Re: Unable to get Pr.Pro to play project.
                  leo'ssite Level 1

To-day is June 21, 2001/ had adobe tech on line yesterday foe over an hour. One solutuion was to dekete CS5 and re-install. Did it and have same problem. Will let u know it comes out as am on hold with adobe now.