Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic displayed as folder in merged child project

Oct 30, 2006 Oct 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found the problem of the initial topic in a child help project being displayed as a folder upon merging it into the parent project and generating the master CHM file? I have also noticed that the initial folder in the child project is often brought up a level even if it is at the same level as subsequent folders upon merging it and generating the master CHM file. This problem only seems to have appeared after upgrading to Windows XP SP.

Many thanks for any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2006 Oct 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just experienced this today. I am in the process of merging quite a few chm files. I have formated the TOC with a single top level book that contains a single topic and 3 merged TOCs, then a second sub level book that contains a single topic and many merged TOCs.

The result is strange. when I open the CHm and look at the TOC the single topic in the top llevel book is displayed as a book rather than a TOC page. The same is true for the topic in my second sub level book.

Any way to fix this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2006 Oct 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I remember that you have to:
In your child chm file, wrap a folder to contain the whole (original) TOC.
Then include the wrapped TOC to the main help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp