Thanks for your quick reply - you can most certainly get my LCA.
I have a zip file containing all you really need, will upload it just after finishing this post.
I also have been investigating the matter further and have found out what was the issue with this one:
1. The PDF/a shows as a PDF/a in Reader - however in the PDFAConversionResult the "isPDFa" node is set to false.
The issue here seemed to be the form - I had used a simple test form that contained three text fields with the same name. This was not allowed. When I changed the form I got rid of this issue.
In the zip file you can find the following:
- 1 lca file containin the process and a couple of xdp files
- 1 signed xml file
- 1 Interactive Form (Reader Extended)
During my further work with the issue I found some strange issues, which you might also encounter when you take a look at the LCA
1) The PDF/a that I get as output from the process contains the content of the form twice (once without data)
2) The PDF/a shows up in Reader/Acrobat as a PDF/a, but under “conformance” it states that the status of the PDF is not verified.
3) The ConvertToPDFA service has issues in Workbench when you choose the “PDFAConversion Options” – if you for instance set “Archive_Always” as your choice for Signatures. Following that choice you save my process, deploy it, click on somewhere else on the canvas and back at “Create PDF/a from Interactive Form”, then Signatures is back to “Archive_as_needed”.
Also I would like to hear what options I have when I need to convert an interactive PDF containing signed XML into a PDF/a? Do I have any chance of preserving an indication that the form data was digitally signed.
Thanks in advance
On your queries:
1) I was able to obtain valid PDF/A output using your process , but I have a LiveCycle Patch applied (QF 2.94) in my environment. I suggest contacting enterprise support to see about obtaining this patch. The isPDFA field in the result is set to 'true' when I run it.
A snippent from the validation result.
2) The validation results from docConverter wll be written to the app server log file. They are also contained within the PDFAValidationResult variable. When the doc is opened in Acrobat, you can have preFlight also confirm conformance in Acrobat, and run a report. I can reproduce the 2 pages (one with data, and one without) . Not sure if this is a bug yet, but you should raise this with Adobe Enterprise Support to investigate it further.
3) The result PDF shows as PDF/a in Acrobat, yes. And is valid. I don't believe the result from docConverter is saved in the result PDF. If you verify conformance in Acrobat, it will come back with a verification succeeded status.
4) The signatures option 'Archive_Always' does not stick when chosen in toPDFA operation in workbench 9.5, This is a bug and should be brought to the attention of Adobe Support. firstname.lastname@example.org