1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2011 3:28 PM by na21han

problems trying to get heights and widths out of linechart area

na21han Level 1

Hi

This is my first post on the forum so please excuse me if the post is hard to understand or just doesn't make sense.

I have a flex 4 line graph with a border container overlay. im trying to overlay the border container to the charts area where the series line sit. the reason for this is i want to add dynamic boxes of data in different colours inside this container.

i can find the charts height and width tags but this takes into account the height and widths of my axis aswell. now if i could get the left axis width or bottom axis height that would be fine as i can mathmatically work it out! ive used the mouseover and mousemove function to track x and y cordinates and it does show them relative to another object. so there must be a way to drill into it!

any advice or pointers would be great as i think ive worn out my google searches for today. ive added a picture to try and make it clear what i need. please note the coloured boxes displayed are what i need but have added their heights and widths manually.example.jpg

thanks

• 1. Re: problems trying to get heights and widths out of linechart area
          na21han Level 1

ok after some research it seems i can find the dimensions i need using "gutters". only problem i see now is that the intervals on x axis are set to incriment by 2 but the actual widths are not identical on each. ive tested this with x coordinates which shows every other point to change width by 1 pixel (29,30,29,30,29.....etc) this is a nightmare as i was hoping these would be identical so i could work out my container sizes so they line up.

is there anyway to set the widths of the x axis points? or does anyone have another idea of a way i can tackle this.

thanks