Sounds like you installed CS5.5 right on top of CS5.
Either that or something's gotten horribly hosed.
It was actually installed on a brand new OS with nothing on it. I had copied the original media from the DVD onto another drive and then installed it from there, which created the error. I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled directly from the DVD with no errors. I guess Adobe wasn't kidding when they have no support for anything network related. I'm just confused as to how they expect us to be able to provide enterprise deployment and support since they do offer site licenses?! Oh well. We're back on track for the short term.
1 person found this helpful
As Bob said, it sounds like an error was made. Some CS5 and CS5.5 files or discs were mixed up. Copying around the DVD images should work just fine.
That said, for enterprise deployments, you should use Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAMEE). See http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html.
Some times uninstalling and reinstalling may or may not help and it could be possible that you have used the original DVDs to install the product.in that condition try to manually update the application Indesign.You will be required to install the updates in sequence according to the date when they were released
It may for work for you.
Jasmeet, that's counter to my understanding. I'm under the impression that each update inclues all the previous ones. That is, the 7.0.4 updater inclues 7.0.1,7.0.2, and 7.0.3.
A clue that this is the case is the steadily increasing size of the updates: 17MB for 7.0.2, 25MB for 7.0.3, 38MB for 7.0.4.
Also, notice that Adobe7.0.1 was not released for most languages, only for German and Swedish. Yet of course the 7.0.2 updater worked fine for all of us running US English (err, North American English? Whatever it is callde now).
Do you have evidence to the contrary?
I'm pretty sure I've updated systems straight from 7.0.0 to 7.0.4, but my memory is not 100% on that.
This model is very different from Acrobat's, for instance, for which you must install each update one at a time.
So, I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I don't want others making the same mistake I did! It was user error. Oops. I had copied the DVD contents directly to our network instead of making a disk image (*.dmg) of it - after making the disk image, the errors disappeared. Live and learn!
John ,thanks for posting in.You may be right because size does increase when you move from older update to a more recent one.I'll have to check for that...at the moment I have no evidence for that.When you update any application through the Adobe application manager it only installs the most recent update,you only get to know the size of each and every update when you update them manually.
I will try to find out as much as possible.
If you want to waste time doing that research have at it, but John is correct. All Adobe updates are cumulative unless otherwise noted.
I recall some earlier Acrobat updates needing to be installed in order but I don't remember the last time an InDesign update required an earlier update to be installed as a prerequisite.
I have the exact same issue on clean installs of CS5 (NOT 5.5) Premium suite on BOTH OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.7.2.
these are brand new Macs....
One is a new Mac10.7.2,
One, 10.6.8, is a clean install on a 2 year old mac... but on a re-initialized HD....
On OSX, I had EXACTLY this from a 'by the book' AAMEE install. I found the culprit was incomplete permissions in the affected plugins (all InCopyWorkflow plugins). My solution is
sudo chmod -R +go+rx
to the Versions/Current/ folder inside each plugin. You then have to remember to delete the indesign cache folder in the user's cache at ~/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign to force inDesign to notice the change though.