6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 1:07 PM by nuizzy RSS

Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working

foxetown Community Member

I have a premiere project that, with the exception of a welcome title card, is one video track of *.m2v and one audio track of AC3 5.1. The master volume track is 5.1 as is the audio 1 track. When I use dynamic link to sent this to encore, it always produces a blu-ray that is dolby stereo and not dolby 5.1

Any ideas?

export_settings.jpgtracks.jpg

• 1. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working
          the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Unfortunately, ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) does not work with DD 5.1 SS. One needs to go through the SurCode DD5.1 SS plug-in, and create a fully DVD/BD-compliant DD 5.1 SS AC3.

Now, not sure if one can use ADL for JUST the Video, and then Export the Audio via the SurCode plug-in and Import that as an Asset. Might be worth a test, but I don't think that it will work, even with CS5.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that encore cs5 can't author a 5.1 blu-ray.  I've tried just about everything.   The ironic thing is that I had the whole sound track in AC3 and I imported that as an asset, but I couldn't even get the preset to sense the presence of a 5.1 audio source.   I think I purchased the surcode minnetonka plug-in without cause.  

Encore CS5.5 doesn't do anything different on that front, does it?

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working
              the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Now, are you trying to monitor the BD DD 5.1 SS in Encore? If so, that will not work, as Encore sees the DD 5.1 SS in pass-through only, and all monitoring in the program's Preview WILL be stereo only. However, it should allow you to use the DD 5.1 SS from the SurCode plug-in (fully DVD/BD-compliant) in the BD.

It does sound like you have burned a test disc, and that is exhibiting stereo-only. Is that correct? If so, I would also check my home-theater setup carefully.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working

I'm embarrased to admit how may disks I have burned.  (We're getting ready for a blu-ray projected premiere at a theatre).    In addition to the test disks(s), I have pulled the /stream(ing) folder video file back into premiere and it only presents a stereo file audio channel.   (Even if I had a surround sound system I could trust, I wouldn't believe I had six channels unless I saw the wave forms on an editing screen.) 

I am aware that you can't preview the 5.1 BD in Encore.   I think what confuses me most is that you really can't pick a 5.1 Dolby output in Encore in the quality pre-sets.    The encore projects I have created have all either been ADL imported from a Premiere project with an AC3 file in them or had an AC3 audio track imported.  

At this point, I'm wondering is there a Blu Ray authoring package that does justice to HD 1080p video and a 5.1 AC3 audio track?   I'm willing to pay for CS 5.5 if that works.

• 5. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working

I was going to give up but then I succeeded in creating a 5.1 audio mix on the blu ray by:

1 Not using Premiere at all

2. Creating a new blu ray project in Encore

3. Importing the AC3 audio file as an asset first

4.  Right clicking on the AC3 and using it to create the timeline

5.  Importing the quicktime video only file as an asset and adding that to the timeline

6.  Building the blu-ray

7. I imported the/stream file on the Blu-ray itself into Premiere so that I could see the wave forms and it was a 5.1 track.

Works.

• 6. Re: Encore CS5 and 5.1 audio to Blu Ray not working
                    nuizzy

How did you go about making the AC3 file you used?