6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 6:55 PM by Newsgroup_User

ACE Certification

Chemical_One
      Hey guys,
      who here got certified? I am t'aking the exam in a couple of days. I wonder whats the level of difficulty
        • 1. Re: ACE Certification
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          I passed Flex 2 last year, and will take Flex 3 in June. Flex 2 exam was very tough, I heard Flex 3 exam is not as tough.
          • 2. Re: ACE Certification
            Kurrykid Adobe Community Professional
            Greg,

What type of materials are you using to study for the exam? A lot of certifications have books or other materials directed in this area. I just wondered if you had any recommendations?

Thanks.

Dave
            • 3. Re: ACE Certification
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6
              I went through 3/5 of the FB2 help system twice, reading each page and copying / compiling each sample app. The parts I did not go through were the sections on AS reference, and other verbose reference material.

I also created about 300 - 400 3"x5" flash cards, with about 1500 total questions. I did that as I went through the FB2 help sys the second time, and only created questions on material I thought was not stuck somewhat firmly in my brain.

I made all those questions, but I only really studied about 50 cards just before the exam, but making the cards helps you learn better too.

I also used a Flex 2 practice exam software called Attest. The exams in that software were very good, not as tough as the actual exam, but it helped a lot.

I got a 77 on the exam, I think, and I think passing was 73, so I just made it.
              • 4. Re: ACE Certification
                Kurrykid Adobe Community Professional
                Thanks Greg...sounds like you should fire up Captivate and use it to make a set of test questions that you could sell :-)
                • 5. Re: ACE Certification
                  Gregory Lafrance Level 6
                  That's a great idea. I wish I had the time. The general lack of Flex cert study resources definitely seems to offer the lucky someone who creates a great resource and markets it effectively.
                  • 6. Re: ACE Certification
                    Level 7

"Kurrykid" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                    news:gr0c93$mlh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Thanks Greg...sounds like you should fire up Captivate and use it to make
                    > a set of test questions that you could sell :-)

There is actually a free flash card making package as part of the Microsoft
                    Tablet Education pack ( it works on non-tablet pc's as well)

HTH;

Amy