3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 9:27 AM by Jim_Lester

Deauthorize ADE on a dead computer

LantauMan

Two things happened at once: My computer died and I changed my Adobe account. Then I installed ADE on a new computer, but I can't read any of my DRM ebooks because they are "registered to another user" (i.e. my previous Adobe account name). How can I possibly deactivate my old Adobe account name in order to transfer my ebooks to my new account? Since my old computer is dead, I can't use the Ctrl-Alt-D trick to deauthorize it.

Help or advice will be welcome.

• 1. Re: Deauthorize ADE on a dead computer
          Jim_Lester Level 4

You can't deauthorize your old computer, but you don't need to in order to authorize a new computer.  The only problem you will have is if the content was device locked in which case, barring appeals to whoever sold you the content, there is no way to transfer the content.

• 2. Re: Deauthorize ADE on a dead computer
            LantauMan Level 1

Thanks for responding, Jim. My problem is a double one. Because I moved to another country, I had to register a new Adobe account and delete the old one (never mind why; long story). So, essentially I want to transfer all my ADE e-books from one Adobe account to a new and different account (though it's under my name). Adobe was very helpful in transferring all my software registrations (Photoshop etc.) from one account to the other without much fuss. But I can't seem to find the right people to contact to help me transfer my e-books. I sure wish someone from Adobe would read this forum and direct me to the right person.

• 3. Re: Deauthorize ADE on a dead computer
              Jim_Lester Level 4

You can always ask Adobe support, however the answer will be No.  Adobe does not have a way to let you change the license from one account to a different account.