Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Runtime problem in migrating FB4 project to FB4.5

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issues with a project originally authored in FB4, and migrated into the new FB4.5.1 framework. I migrated it according to the protocols, but still get an error. While running the project, there is a point when a user clicks on an image and then a handler should take them to a new view. Now, when they click, the following runtime error message appears -

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at spark.components::Scroller/focusInHandler() at flash.display::Stage/set focus() at mx.core::UIComponent/setFocus() at mx.managers::FocusManager/setFocus() at mx.managers::FocusManager/mouseDownHandler() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() at mx.managers::SystemManager/mouseEventHandler()

If I click on "continue" (I am running Flash player debug), the application appears to work properly. Any idea what this error message might be, and how I  might fix some of the code to address it? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I found a solution for my case, hope it fits you.

I'm using a TextArea in a host component that is being used as a PopUp. Changing this host component to a BorderContainer solved the problem.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply, Jorge.

I'm not using any pop-ups, but o will double check host components. Thanks for the thought.

Best

Bob

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines