2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 1:38 PM by Peter Spier

Word import and next style

staale Bjerke

Hi I tried to import a word document in InDesign where the first word paragraph styles and first InDesign styles match. But i don´t get next style to work without making a object style and activate that after word import. Any idea anyone

• 1. Re: Word import and next style
          Daniel Flavin Level 4

Did you highlight through more than one paragragh, right click the first style, select "Apply Para 1, than Next"?

• 2. Re: Word import and next style
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Next Style works when you hit Enter, or you can highlight a block of existing text and right click a style name in the panel and choose one of the apply style and next style options, or you can do what you did with the object style (though I've never tried that, that I remember) and place your text, but that stikes me as dangerous since all the following text at some point is going to be styled the same (if you hit a case of next style = same style), or it's going to create a cycle (if the styles lead to one another in a cyclical path, as you might do for a directory where you know every entry has the same number of paragraphs), and that might not be what you really intend.