3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 9:12 AM by fabian-b

Help needed in After Effects

fabian-b

Hey guys, I'm from Holland so my english isn't that good.

I have a problem (Oh yes.) I have a background, for example(!) the left side of a bridge.

I want to animate that my background moves to the left, so the right side of the bright is visible.

I can do that, but now comes the problem. I have other layers, for example a road under the bridge with moving cars. How can i move the background and the other layers at the same time to the left? Without making it one layer.

thanks for your help, kind regards, Fabian.

Adobe After Effects.

• 1. Re: Help needed in After Effects
          Molgaard

If you want to move all the layers to the left at the same time, it would be best to precompose them into one layer, by selecting them all and then going to Layer > Precompose. You can still edit the layers individually in the precomp. If you don't want to do that, then you can animate just one of the layers moving to the left, then parent the other layers to that layer so that they move with it. To parent one layer to another, just click the dropdown box under where it says 'parent' in the composition window and select the layer you want it to follow.

• 2. Re: Help needed in After Effects
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

You can also parent the other layers to the bridge layer.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Help needed in After Effects
              fabian-b Level 1

I will try your opties. I'll let you know if it worked for me.

Ok, this works for me!

To parent one layer to another, just click the dropdown box under where it says 'parent' in the composition window and select the layer you want it to follow.