16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2012 3:49 AM by asharazeem

throwing null object reference , when focus into the spark textarea ,if it is in the popup

katharnak

I added a textarea to vrgoup container and added that vgroup as popup to the application. while i am trying to focus into the textarea , it always throwing me null object reference. to see that you need to have debugger version of flash player installed. please help me if anybody knows the solution.

here is my code.

code

-------------------------------

protected function btn_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

var vgroup:VGroup = new VGroup();

var ta:TextArea = new TextArea();

vgroup.percentWidth = 100;

vgroup.addElement(ta);

PopUpManager.addPopUp(vgroup, this);

}

Following is the error thrown

--------------------------------------------------------

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at spark.components::Scroller/focusInHandler()[E:\dev\hero_private\frameworks\projects\spark \src\spark\components\Scroller.as:1258]

at flash.display::Stage/set focus()

at flashx.textLayout.container::ContainerController/http://ns.adobe.com/textLayout/internal/2008::setFocus()[C:\Vellum\branches\v2\2.0\dev\out put\openSource\textLayout\src\flashx\textLayout\container\ContainerController.as:2265]

at flashx.textLayout.container::ContainerController/mouseDownHandler()[C:\Vellum\branches\v2 \2.0\dev\output\openSource\textLayout\src\flashx\textLayout\container\ContainerController. as:2067]

at flashx.textLayout.container::TextContainerManager/mouseDownHandler()[C:\Vellum\branches\v 2\2.0\dev\output\openSource\textLayout\src\flashx\textLayout\container\TextContainerManage r.as:1939]

at spark.components.supportClasses::RichEditableTextContainerManager/mouseDownHandler()[E:\d ev\hero_private\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\RichEditable TextContainerManager.as:665]

at flashx.textLayout.container::ContainerController/http://ns.adobe.com/textLayout/internal/2008::requiredMouseDownHandler()[C:\Vellum\branche s\v2\2.0\dev\output\openSource\textLayout\src\flashx\textLayout\container\ContainerControl ler.as:2088]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\hero_private\frameworks\projects\framework\sr c\mx\core\UIComponent.as:13128]

at mx.managers::SystemManager/mouseEventHandler()[E:\dev\hero_private\frameworks\projects\fr amework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2924]