3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 8:16 AM by the_wine_snob

first tryout

Paul_Ferguson Level 2

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the apllication's support team etc."

This doesn't bode well.

• 1. Re: first tryout
          Paul_Ferguson Level 2

Okay, bear in mind that I know nothing about video software.  After crashing the first time I tried it after downloading the trial, I was able to capture from my DV camcorder right away.  Good.

But opening the program took forever, because it loaded all of my numerous audio plugins.  Why did it do that?  Does it need to do that?  Can I stop it from doing that?

• 2. Re: first tryout
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm sorry but you haven't given us even remotely enough information to be able to help you.

What operating system are you using? Which version of the program are you running?

If you're on Windows, have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded even the non-critical updates? Have you gone to Apple.com, per the program's requirements, and ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime.

How much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive? When was the last time you run basic maintenance on your machine?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

The program, by the way, will take considerably longer to open the first couple of times as it installs the necessary components.

• 3. Re: first tryout
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This Adobe KB Article, though for AE and PrPro, might offer some tips.

Here is an earlier THREAD, that might offer some help.

There might be some good info in this MS KB Article.

Good luck, and hope that something in those links is helpful.

Hunt