3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 4:10 AM by Newsgroup_User

Rollovers

Hi...Im a newbie to fireworks and dreamweaver. Its my first site and so far I have made a pop up navigation menu with graphics for the top of my pages, looks great and works! Im strictly tables and cells so far so this was a big jump. In my design (client is a school) i want to show the staff but i would love to limit the space the pictures take up on the page. What would be great is a list of names of the teachers in 1 room and while the mouse is over the name, the picture appears. What do i need to go research to get closer to this. Rollovers or something else?
      I had a bit of a search on here but everything seems quite advanced.

Any help most appreciated!

D
        • 1. Re: Rollovers
          Level 1
          Just to update i have been looking at the swap image behaviour and i thought perhaps to splice each name with a rectangle the size of the image,so that the name was at the bottom of the picture. That way the user would go to the name and the picture would appear. then they can move down the column seeing the pics appear as they go. then added a frame and changed the colour for one of the names thinking it might sit on top of the picture. I guess i just write the name on the picture and line it up with the nameunderneath.....just a bit fidgetty!. Id still prefer the pictures adjacent to the column of text. Is there a way to link one splice to another?
          • 2. Re: Rollovers
            Level 1
            Ive managed to resolve this on my own in a few hours, ive surprised myself. I figured frames were the answer, to have all of the photos in different frames and then somehow to trigger each frame where the appropriate photo would be displayed. Splicing the entire document i picked up at lynda.com then setting up the image swap behaviour was easy. Perhaps this might help some other struggler.
            • 3. Re: Rollovers
              Level 7
              Now that you've firgured it out, here's the bad news. Do not use FW to
              write your HTML. Create your images in FW and build your HTML in DW. FW
              writes HTML that is suitable only for prototyping, not for production.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"toloupe" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gqo46a$9k4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Ive managed to resolve this on my own in a few hours, ive surprised
              > myself. I
              > figured frames were the answer, to have all of the photos in different
              > frames
              > and then somehow to trigger each frame where the appropriate photo would
              > be
              > displayed. Splicing the entire document i picked up at lynda.com then
              > setting
              > up the image swap behaviour was easy. Perhaps this might help some other
              > struggler.
              >