2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 6:34 PM by Steve Grisetti

Imported Photo Quality Issue

viva_los_pooparachos

Greetings,

I am taking my first stab at putting a project together.

I have imported several jpegs.  When I play the project in "Full Screen" to see how things look, some of the photos are sharp whiles others have what I would call jagged or rough looking edges in the photo.

My question?  How do I eliminate the "rough" edges?  Is this a resolution issue?  File size issue?

I am confused because I have two different jpegs of the same resolution and size, but one comes out fine in the presentation and the other is jagged or rough looking.

I  tried looking in "Help", but had no luck.  Is there a section that covers this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

• 1. Re: Imported Photo Quality Issue
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are the pixel dimensions?

Read Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Imported Photo Quality Issue
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, don't play your video at full screen.

Video is 720x480 pixels in size. Your computer screen is several times that resolution, so pretty much everything you play at full-screen is going to look over-rezzed and fuzzy.

Then, make sure you resize any photo you're going to use in a Premiere Elements project to 1000x750 pixels. Otherwise, when you try to render it, it will take forever and more than likely choke halfway through.

Then finally, whenever you see a red line above the clips on your timeline, press Enter to render your timeline. Unrendered video looks rough and poor quality. When you render your video timeline the red lines will turn green and your video will look more like a finished product.

Much more of these kinds of hints in my books, available on Amazon.com and at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com, if you're interested.