3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 6:31 AM by Peter Spier

Relinking resizing issues with CS5.5

nishfunzy Level 1

I've just gone from CS3 to 5.5.

Working from templates I've created, I could relink variations of a logo without the scale of the logo changing (the text will stay the same size from one logo to the next) and when updating images that have been rezed up, they stay the same size.

Now, In CS5.5, to relink the logo I have to uncheck 'Preserve Image Dimensions When Relinking' in preferences, relink the logo and then 'Clear fitting options' so I can aliggn it right.

Then when I want to update a rezzed up image I have to turn 'Preserve Image Dimensions When Relinking' back on.

I know this is a pretty lazy issue, but it's irritating.

• 1. Re: Relinking resizing issues with CS5.5
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I bet when placing your vector artwork you've usedone of the crop options that changes according to what's in the art, like "art" or "bounding box," and if the size of what you are relinkinig is changing, then the scaled size is also going to be changing as you update. Changing the crop option to "media" might help.

• 2. Re: Relinking resizing issues with CS5.5
            nishfunzy Level 1

I do normally place it to 'art' but this worked fine in CS3. One difference I noticed was now in CS5.5, when I relink the new logo, it fills in cropping amount into the 'fitting options' which prevents me from using the 'align from' box until I make all the cropping amounts 0.

• 3. Re: Relinking resizing issues with CS5.5
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm not sure what that's about. I will say, though, and should have thought of this earlier, that there are reports of strange behavior in legacy docs, especially CS3, opened directly into CS5 (and presumably CS5.5). One thing that seems to help is to export the file from CS3 as .inx, then open the .inx istead of the .indd in the new version of ID. You can then resave as a new template.