6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 3:07 AM by drennan

Error 1045 connecting to database

drennan

Hi all,

I'm having problems connecting to my remote database from dreamweaver. I contacted my hosting company and they said they cannot see any hits from my IP and to try another app. I downloaded sequel pro and it connects straight away, but I've been using DW for years (for static sites) and really wanna get this working. This is the first time i've used a database in DW so I might be missing something. DW throws up the error: MySQL Error#: 1045. Access denied for user 'xxxx'@'xxxx.net' (using password:YES). Does anyone know why one app would connect when DW won't? Does something need flushing or will deleting DW prefs do anything?

I also sometimes get the message 'waiting for server', which times out, instead of the 1045 error. Does this indicate a DW problem since the errors are inconsistent?

thanks guys :)

• 1. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

drennan_uk wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having problems connecting to my remote database from dreamweaver. I contacted my hosting company and they said they cannot see any hits from my IP and to try another app. I downloaded sequel pro and it connects straight away, but I've been using DW for years (for static sites) and really wanna get this working. This is the first time i've used a database in DW so I might be missing something. DW throws up the error: MySQL Error#: 1045. Access denied for user 'xxxx'@'xxxx.net' (using password:YES). Does anyone know why one app would connect when DW won't? Does something need flushing or will deleting DW prefs do anything?

I also sometimes get the message 'waiting for server', which times out, instead of the 1045 error. Does this indicate a DW problem since the errors are inconsistent?

thanks guys :)

First thing that jumps out at me is "xxxx@xxxx.net".  Are you trying to connect to your remote server or your testing server?  For purposes of development in DW you should make a local copy of your database and connect to the local database as opposed to a remote database.  Much more efficient and doesn't effect server load at all.

If the testing server (WAMP, MAMP, XAMPP, IIS) is running locally and you are using localhost with the username and password it should work fine.  If you use the default installation for those packages it is possible that the applications are running on a different port in which case your host is: localhost:port .

• 2. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database
            drennan Level 1

Ah, maybe this is the problem. I've had such a headache getting MAMP to work locally. For some reason, the MySQL server won't start, so after hours of troubleshooting I bought some MySQL hosting and am trying to connect remotely to upload/test files (all I need MySQL for is to simply password protect the website, nothing fancy).  I currently have this server set in DW as remote (not testing).  Is it possible to resolve this and continue working with the remote server as I was unable to resolve the local MAMP problem.

thanks.

• 3. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database

I'm a Mac and a MAMP user.  What's the issue you were having?

• 4. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database
                drennan Level 1

Thanks for your help so far   Firstly, MySQL server wouldn't start when the ports were changed to 80 and 3306 but would at default ports. I've messed around with the DW site settings and currently have them set to local/network, server folder: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test, web URL:http://localhost/test/. In the advanced tab I have server model: PHP MySQL, and the 'testing' checkbox checked in the main servers window. MAMP wont start MySQL regardless of the MAMP port settings now, and when I try to connect to my local database, DW says an unknown error has occurred. I've reinstalled MAMP and set DW settings up from scratch but cannot get the MySQL server to start at all now. Is there anything I can 'flush' as starting from scratch doesn't resolve the issue so I'm wondering if settings have been left somewhere even after reinstalling MAMP. Thanks.

• 5. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database

Drag all current MAMP files to the trash and search using spotlight for files with MAMP, there is also a .plist file in the User Library->Preferences folder.  Next, run Repair Permissions from the Applications->Utilities folder.  Then download the latest version of MAMP (1.9.6.1).  Then install MAMP and try there with a fresh set of files.  Because MAMP is contained in the Applications folder you should be able to just install into the new version.  MAMP as far as I know does not have a built in start on boot command so there should not be any login items. 

• 6. Re: Error 1045 connecting to database
                    drennan Level 1

That's great, thanks for all your help.  After following your steps both servers started on the correct ports.  thanks again