2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 9:55 AM by Dinindaerrtu

Presenter plays flash animation too fast

Dinindaerrtu

Hey everybody,

I have a problem with a flash file once again. I have an animation (build in flash) which I incorporate into the PowerPoint presentation via the Presenter plugin. The animation is set to 30 fps and works fine. It does not incorporate any AS 3 content.

When I publish the whole file, however, the animation is playing too fast (the end of the 4 minutes animation is reached after 3:30 minutes!!). The swf is fine, I tested it seperately.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Best,

Dinin

• 1. Re: Presenter plays flash animation too fast
          nirupam_tewary Level 1

Hi Dinin

Thanks for using Adobe Presenter and my apologies that you are facing issues in using it. To help us resolve your issues, can you please provide some additional information:

a. Are you enabling the 'Control using Presentation playbar' option ?

b. Do you see this issue with all Flash generated swfs or with some specific files?

c. Provide your environment details - version of Presenter, MS Office and the OS

thanks

Quality Engineering Manager, Adobe Systems

Adobe ELearning Suite, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate

• 2. Re: Presenter plays flash animation too fast
            Dinindaerrtu Level 1

Dear nirupam_tewary,

thank you for your quick reply.

a) Actually, I did not enable the "control using Presentation playbar" option since I had problems with "lagging" animations (stopping for a second, jumping back and forth for a second and so on). However, you are right, the animation plays with the correct speed when I enable the option, so thank you for solving that problem. The lagging will be a minor inconvenience, but I've heard talk about an upgrade fixing that, too (?)

b) I've seen this issue in all the flash files I tested. I even made a special test file where I just had text appear after certain time steps to see how large the delay would be.

c) I had not updated my Presenter (didn't now that needed to be done manually), but since I just updated to 7.0.6 and forgot to note the old version, I cannot give more information   I use Office 2007 on a windows 7 system (service pack 1).

BUT: Even with the updated version, the animation does NOT work if the "control using Presentation playbar" is switched off. This time it is playing too slow... However, I have just tested it with one animation only, so I cannot tell whether this is a recurring problem.

Since there might be an ongoing discussion about this problem, I will not mark the "answered" button, yet. However, my initial problem IS solved by the "control using Presentation playbar" button. So thank you very much

Best wishes,

Bernhard