5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2011 6:06 AM by Gvites

Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction

Gvites Level 1

Hello all!

I currently use godaddy for my ecommerce site (selling wedding and party invitations): www.shop.creativeinkinvites.com

However, there is no user interaction. I would like to build my own ecommerce site with user interaction. In other words, I want my clients to type their text and choose different colors on their invitations and at the same time I want them to see it the changes on their screen.

Please!! If you seriously know how to accomplish this task I would greatly appreciated. 

FYI: I currently have Creative Suite 5 Design Premium.

Thanks in advance!

Giselle

• 1. Re: Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction
          pziecina Adobe Community Professional

Hi

I would like to build my own ecommerce site with user interaction. In other words, I want my clients to type their text and choose different colors on their invitations and at the same time I want them to see it the changes on their screen.

Doing this is not the problem but doing it correctly is, and will require a good working knowledge of html/css/javascript and possibly php/sql. Are you competent in these?

You are also missing the information about what you wish to do with this once it is imputed by your client, do you wish the information to be saved to a database or sent to you? Do you wish the user to have the ability to 'save' the imputed text and formatting on their computer for viewing/ordering at a latter date?

Please!! If you seriously know how to accomplish this task I would greatly appreciated. 

If you are asking for instructions on how to do this, I doubt that anyone can provide these simply via the forum as it covers a large number of topics that would require a very large number of posts..

If you require pointing to tutorials that may help, then can you tell use your competency in the various languages, (html/css/javascript/php/sql), and tell use more clearly what the various items are that you require help with.

Sorry if this sound a little 'off-handish' it is not meant so .

PZ

• 2. Re: Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction

Hi

One other thing, your current sites coding would have to be re-done as the code produced by iWeb, (or whatever you used) cannot do this without much modification.

PZ

• 3. Re: Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction
              Gvites Level 1

THANK YOU! so much for taking the time to answer my question.  At least I know now where to begin. I have knowledge in html and css only. But I am sure I can quickly pick up javascript, php and sql (I hope).

Ideally, I would like for the information to be saved to a database and also sent to me. Not sure if I can do both...but I guess I will find out. Thanks again!!!

Giselle Thayer

Creative Ink Invites

Direct Line: 936.697.4996

gthayer@creativeinkinvites.com

www.creativeinkinvites.com

• 4. Re: Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction

Hi

Ideally, I would like for the information to be saved to a database and also sent to me. Not sure if I can do both...but I guess I will find out. Thanks again!!!

Yes, this is possible, but should you have a problem with doing this, (or any other item) you can always start another discussion just on that subject.

Server-side questions, (php/sql) should be posted in the application developers section - http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_development.

PZ

• 5. Re: Ecommerce Site  with user Interaction
                  Gvites Level 1

Thank you so much!!! You have really helped me tremendously. I will do that.

Giselle