Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash performance frustration

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen,

I am a qualified technician, I have a GTX 560 Ti if you must know, I have provided support for PC Games in the past and help desk support to over 40,000 staff and experienced in QA of software.

If you read my post you would see, that I am talking about mutliple sites on multiple platforms with Flash causing problems over time, crashing my browsers, slowing down my systems and it's not just specific to the most recent update(s), which I have implemented.

If I try and use most games on Facebook, they really slow things down even more (and before you ask if I am running multiple games at once, no I am not, but my system can more than handle non flash applications in multiples.

My problem now is the way you are all trying to polish this over as if this my own system issue, this is much bigger than this.

What is normal flash content by the way ? Are you saying that applications on smart devices or facebook is not normal flash? because this issue is not limited to being specific, however when I have a flash game or a flash site in the background, my whole system starts to chug and it has always been that way no matter what update or system I am on more than 50% of the time.

If you want to blame developers for coding poor flash, then you should have a Flash certification program so people know which apps or websites are Adobe approved/certified to run smoothly.

Flash is very lucky that systems performance are increasing at increasingly fast rates, but the amount of resources shown by flash related content doesn't actually seem to be the real amount of resources it is using, I am wondering if this is hidden by how much resources it gains from Video or Graphics cards (and borrowed memory).

This most recent update, including being used with IE 9, Firefox 5 or the latest version of Safari is by no means an exception to the rule.

I should not have to troubleshoot so often my flash problems, this should have been done IN YOUR LABS properly, before being sent out to the public. I can of course choose not to use sites, not to have a playbook (which renders flash better than my PC funny enough, even though my PC is 10x as powerful)

You are trying to help and I am grateful for that, but I am putting this out there because I feel its very important to discuss further.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I branched this out to a new thread because it was off topic from the thread it was originally posted on (which was specific to IE9, 10.3 and Intel HD GPU's.)

I am a qualified technician, I have a GTX 560 Ti if you must know, I have provided support for PC Games in the past and help desk support to over 40,000 staff and experienced in QA of software.

As you know, there are an almost unlimited number of devices and drivers out there in the wild.  We ask for the GPU hardware and driver details because the latest releases of Flash Player take advantage of them.  To try and reproduce issues, we do our best to duplicate the environment that issues occurred on.  We've also found that this information is critical to us reproducing the issue.  Many times, older drivers/gpu's have bugs or don't support the hardware features we require for hardware acceleration.  This can manifest itself in many different ways (black video, flashing graphics, crashes, etc.)

If you read my post you would see, that I am talking about mutliple sites on multiple platforms with Flash causing problems over time, crashing my browsers, slowing down my systems and it's not just specific to the most recent update(s), which I have implemented.

While I understand the frustration, it's difficult to approach this without specifics.  If you run into a crash with Flash Player, please see this post for details on retrieving the crash log.  We work constantly to improve the performance and quality of the player and we take customer reported issues with the highest priority.  Maybe you could take some video of what you're experiencing so we could get a better reference to what's happening on your system.

If I try and use most games on Facebook, they really slow things down even more (and before you ask if I am running multiple games at once, no I am not, but my system can more than handle non flash applications in multiples.

Is there a particular game this occurs with?  Does it happen right away?  Is it only when there's heavy action on the screen?  Again, video might help to understand what you're seeing.

My problem now is the way you are all trying to polish this over as if this my own system issue, this is much bigger than this.

I'd love to be able to reproduce this on my system, but I'm not being impacted like you are.  I'm not trying to blame your system, I just need more info about what my system is missing that would allow me to experience what you are experiencing.

Again, I understand the frustration.  I also understand if you don't want to help troubleshoot the problems.  However, if you do, we're here to listen and help if we can.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines