2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 2:42 PM by Steve Grisetti

pro Elements 9 video not working

FrantasyLandProd

Hi,

I just recently bought pro elements 9 and installed it in a file on my extern harddrive. Somehow the video won't play allthough the sound works fine when pushing the play button on the shots i drag into the timeline.

I do have an old computer, and already updated my driver (intel845G) from 4.14.10.3943 to 6.14.10.4342 does anyone maybe have a link were i can further upgrade my monitor driver ?

Also whatever i click on above the workpanel keeps sort of jamming in the workpanel.

Please help me, cause i really need to make this film for my future job.

Kind regards,

Francisca

PS i'm Dutch but there doesn't seem to be a dutch supporting desk ?

• 1. Re: pro Elements 9 video not working
          the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE is not designed to be portable. It really likes to be installed on the C:\, though one user does have it on another internal HDD.

That you can get any aspect to work from an installation to an external is surprising to me.

Now, can you give us the full details of your Source Files, and also your Project's Preset, chosen at New Project?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: pro Elements 9 video not working
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Bill. Premiere Elements won't work properly installed on a drive other than your C drive. And installing it on your external drive could be even more problematic.

The first step, then, is to install the program on your C drive.

And, if there's not enough room on your C drive to install the program, that's an even bigger problem. The program needs at least 20-30 gigs of free, defragmented space on the C drive just to run.