2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 7:15 AM by Bernd Alheit

Find feature

rossrt

I am looking for a tutorial on the find feature to include the basic and advanced features.  No luck so far.  I have Adobe Reader X, ver. 10.1.0.  Running Windows 7 with Windows Explorer 8.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I especially need to know how to get back to my original position.  e.g. I am researching statutory laws and want to see the entire list of say, reference 696.182. After choosing the reference from the list, I want to then go back to the beginning without having to scroll through pages and pages.  I cannot locate a back button and the undo button is greyed out.  Help and thanks in advance.

rossrt 

• 1. Re: Find feature
          370H55V Level 4

I don't know of any way to do this with Reader or Acrobat pro without having bookmarks in the document, and even then you have to click the link to go. "Undo" isn't a navigation tool. It undoes changes in fillable forms. And there isn't a "Back Button" I've ever seen.

When I'm in a large document, I will remember the page I'm on when I go to another, and then, in the box at the top which shows the page number, I type the page number I came from and hit "enter". It takes me right back. I have a 426 page book on dogs and the table of contents is on page 14. I can jump anywhere in the book and right back to the table of contents using this method.

• 2. Re: Find feature
            Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use the 'Previous view' button.