2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2011 7:10 AM by the_wine_snob

Video Clips won't play

novaboy5 Level 1

Although Premiere 9 with all updates installed, worked fine a few weeks ago now none of the video clips will play.

I imported a bunch of new clips without a problem but they won't play.  My computer is new with lots of memory.  The files are mpeg and the cam corder is a Panasonic HDC-TM60.  I thought perhaps it was these new clips, but my old projects load without a problem but they won't play either.  I just see the thumbnail.  There is no sound.  If I scroll, the clip moves so it is the clip and not just a still as I thought might be the problem.  Any ideas?

Michael

• 1. Re: Video Clips won't play
          novaboy5 Level 1

I seem to have solved this problem.  Premiere does not seem to like the MOTU audio interface I use for my song recording/composing.

When I switched the sound playback to the internal onboard sound card I once again had sound and video.  Not sure why but I've got it working.

Michael

• 2. Re: Video Clips won't play
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

Glad that you have found the cause of the issue.

Playback can be affected by either the Audio or the Video, and their respective settings.

I do not know if it will let you use the MOTU interface, but many folk have had good luck with the installation of ASIO4All.

Good luck,

Hunt