7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 11:25 AM by Jeff Bellune

My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.

SuperCrawler Level 1

Please be tolerant with my English if it is not grammatically correct.

In this thread I share my thoughts that sprung from things of which I was made aware by two top participants, and I share my apologies, suggestions and my request.

MY THOUGHTS :

I am wondering what level of knowledge is required to qualify for help from Adobe PP Hardware Forums,

and why some replies were conditional to purchase or payment without warning me beforehand.

My screen name, SuperCrawler, symbolizes my super slowness at times to grasp and learn things.

A wise man once said,

The only 'stupid' question asked is the question not asked.”

Another wise man said,

Better to ask a 'stupid' question now than to be the fool later”.

Another wise person said,

What human is too great in knowledge that he/she answers not a young one's 'stupid' question(s)?”

Even the greatest of men, when they were little children asked, “Why?”, numerous times.

Each person chooses by their own free will to read or not to read a post.

I do not force anyone to read this post.

If this post upsets the reader, then they do not have to read any further.

If the Forum moderators find it better to remove this post, I will respect their right to do so, should they do so.

Today is a sad day for me,

• because      of my misunderstanding of the motives behind some of the replies to      some of my posts,

and

• because      I was notified by a respectable top participant that I “cant seem      to read or understand.”,

and

• because      I was falsely accused, by another respectable top participant, of      bugging the aforesaid participant for decisions, and that I should      pay him to do so for me.

When I joined this forum to ask for help in Adobe related hardware issues, I was unaware that the PP Hardware Forum was also a site of computer sales promotions where replies from someone of such a business would be conditional to purchase or payment.

MY APOLOGIES :

I apologise if I caused misunderstandings.

My first language is not English, therefore I take extra care to check my spelling and my choice of words and sentences before I post them, but I do not have an expert in English who can revise my sentences for me.

There were many users in this Forum who sometimes did not get their English grammar and spelling correct.

The aforesaid person who accused me of not being able to read, did not always get his spelling and grammar correct, and very seldom used commas, full stops and capital letters at the start of his sentences, which often made it difficult for me to understand what he meant in his replies to me – another user kindly pointed out to him, “One thing though, m'man - hit the ABC button occasionally. Even the title has a mis-spelling!(A big cup of "zip it" or the definative final P67 vs X58 answer thread

).

If I have truly failed to behave correctly through my posts in the following thread, and other threads in this Forum, I welcome criticism, because from such criticism I can learn and grow - referring to post no's 7, 8, 10, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24 and 25 of :

Can you check my final setup? Two things not clear yet.

Thankyou to all the people who posted me friendly, helpful advice and answers in this Forum, and for the helpful articles in this Forum.

MY SUGGESTIONS :

If we are not good at English ourselves, let us consider that the reader may not necessarily understand what we intended to mean by what and how we wrote.

Let us consider that some people are slow in understanding certain things at first, but that they can be helped to get a better understanding in those things if someone explains those things to them with patience and kindness.

Let us try to make this world a nicer place by tolerating the newbies' and oldies' lack of knowledge, who try hard to grasp a matter by asking one or more questions. It takes more energy to get upset than it takes to be tolerant.

MY REQUEST :

When I wrote in my threads that I was planning to BUILD my system, I thought that the reader would understand that planning to build your own system indicated that the plan was not to purchase a turn-key system. I was unaware that replies from some people, to someone who sought advice for BUILDING their own system, would be conditional to purchase or payment – how was I to know?

Therefore I hereby request that the computer sales promoters SPECIFY BEFOREHAND who they are and what their motives behind their replies are,

• so that newbies and oldies wont get trapped by replying to replies that are conditional to purchase or payment, if it was not their intention to purchase from the business related to such a reply, and
      • so that the computer sales promoters may have less risk of wasting business time by dealing with issues that are not sales related, if it was not their intention to reply without gaining a client or payment.
        • 1. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
          Harm Millaard Level 7

We are in the same position. English is an acquired taste, not my native language either. So we both have the same struggle with the grammar and expressions and the idiosynchrasies of that language.

Read here:

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England nor French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. Quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. Why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend. If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call the thing left? Is it an odd, or an end?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

However, if I offended you, it must have been because you did not read - at least not correctly - the links I gave you. If you did not intend me and my reactions, I apologize. And yes, you earned your screen-name from the way you posted answers. I may be wrong about that, but you did show a tendency to repeat questions that had been answered in earlier posts. Might relate to the fact the English is not your/our native tongue.

I do appreciate this post and the way to clarify your position, but fail to understand the relation to

conditional to purchase or payment.

Can you explain?

PS. No need to plaster the forum with all your message to the same post.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
            Jeff Bellune Level 5

Please stop spamming the forum with multple posts containing references to this topic.  Other users who are interested will see this topic and reply if they want.  You don't need to post over and over again.

-Jeff

• 3. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Those people here who build computers and answer hardware questions have NEVER, that I have seen, stated anything like "I will only answer your question if you buy my computer"

I don't sell computers, but I do sometimes tell people to at least look at what computer builders offer... even if they are going to build their own... as an example of a computer that works

If you have a specific link to where a builder has said something like  "I will only answer your question if you buy my computer" then please post that link

Otherwise... I think you misunderstood based on language translation

• 4. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
                MichaelScarn

I believe SuperCrawler's notion of "replies were conditional to purchase or payment" is rooted in a post made by Bill. This would have been post number 23 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3739640#3739640. Bill's comment may have been misinterpretted.

I think SuperCrawler knows full well, the capabilites of various platforms, processors, hard drives, and memory. What seems to be the dilema is his uncertainty of the Sandy Bridge platform and its future, which no one really knows.

SuperCrawler, your answer is going with the X58 platform. The simple matter is that you are dwelling to much on uncertainties. A vast user base, on a level far above what you are trying to achieve, is using the X58 platform. Those same users are also happy with their decision, and unphased by the introduction of Sandy Bridge. They have no regrets with their decision. You have spent far too long making considerations of either platform.

Your mind should now be at ease. It is sometimes best that we are limited in our thinking, so that we may rise to more pressing matters. With the usage of Adobe software you have proposed, I believe getting REAL work done far outweighs the time you have spent thinking about such miniscule matters such as platform choice.

By all means, consider input from anyone else on these forums, especially the ones that are far more qualified to speak about such matter. I just believe that you are looking for someone to convince you to buy one or the other, rather than give you more options and ideas that you simply don't need. You have my recommendation, and I stand behind my reasoning. The reasoning is more practical than technical, but it should convince you for that very reason.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
                  SuperCrawler.

MichaelScarn,

Thankyou for your time taken to read my posts and reply to me. I appreciate it very much.

It was thoughtful and kind.

I view your post to me as one of the wisest posts with the least words. Much of what you wrote to me in your post above are very wise sayings depending on the circumstances. You had most of it spot on, except for the following things, but I do understand why you wrote them.

I think SuperCrawler knows full well, the capabilites of various platforms, processors, hard drives, and memory.

I wish it was so. It may have appeared that I knew those things full well from what I wrote, but really the truth is that the bit that I know is only a little bit - I mean up until only a few months back I did not even know what a hard drive was nor what a motherboard looked like!

Actually my personal and only computer is an old MS-6714, released ten years ago (2001), with a mere 1.49 GB of RAM, an Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz CPU and one second hand 40 GB hard drive. I found two thrown-away computers, rusting away under dust, one with a product key label on it, and I asked the guy who threw them away if I could have them, and he laughed saying, “If you can find something in them that you can use, you can have them – they don't work.” I was lucky that there was a RAM stick that was compatible to both, so I took the latest model of the two and was given another compatible old RAM stick by a friend. I took an old hard drive from another older computer that wasn't used and I repaired the old MS-6714 earlier this year with the guidance of a very helpful person from a Forum from the other side of the world from where I live, who patiently guided me through the repair process over a period of almost 3 months! – the only computer I ever attempted fixing, the only computer I have presently. She was resurrected February this year, and from there I had my first experience with the internet (other than the odd few minutes at an internet cafe).

As I have not yet had a computer with which I could use my new Adobe CS5, I seldom know yet if I know what I wonder. I had only MINIMAL experience with Adobe CS4, but enough to know that the person's computer on which I created and edited with Adobe CS4, took ages processing my creations and froze when I attempted multi-tasking between more than two Adobe applications.

So I really do not know full well the capabilities of various platforms, processors, hard drives, and memory... yet, though I have started to learn about motherboards for the first time about a month ago, after first reading about CPU's, then trying to determine which codecs I'd be working with, whether or not I'd be working with large complex files etc, trying to suss out what exactly RAID was, and whether or not I'd be needing a hardware controller.

I pretty much know what I intend to do with CS5, and while being unable to actually see the programs and play with them, I tried to figure out what it entails, by reading about it, in order to try to plan my system that I want to build. So most of the bit of knowledge I gained in this aspect, is purely theoretical.

I am not able to work with CS5 yet because I do not have a computer system for CS5 yet, only the brand new disks that I bought in February this year, still in the box, because when I looked into buying the program and asked around about what system to get for CS5, I was advised that a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM would be sufficient for Adobe CS5. Therefore, in February this year, thinking then that I would have enough money soon for a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM, I went ahead and purchased Adobe CS5 (student edition). Also at that time the Adobe CS5 System Requirements overview was severely lacking, but Harm Millaard had it corrected very soon after I drew his attention to that lacking info (ref. Adobe CS5 Master Collection System Requirements - A Mistake?). However, I therefore soon realized that my budget was too low for the system I needed.

The simple matter is that you are dwelling to much on uncertainties.

Yes, MANY, MANY uncertainties. It's all about the money. As explained above my knowledge about computer hardware is very little. Being a student and a breadwinner living near to the breadline presently, I want to be ultra cautious in making sure that I wont spend money on a limiting platform, because with my present financial situation, who knows when I can afford to upgrade again?

I am in the position where I cannot afford to waste a cent, hence the title of my first thread, Not rich enough to afford wrong choices. Help me choose components to build a system for CS5. on 9 March this year.

You have spent far too long making considerations of either platform.

I started my first thread in March this year so, yes, it may look like I have spent a long time making considerations, if counting the days to my first thread, yet my total time spent on learning and considering these things, after work for income, after my studies and after my other responsibilities, over the past 3 months, was minimal in my scarce spare time.

With the usage of Adobe software you have proposed, I believe getting REAL work done far outweighs the time you have spent thinking about such miniscule matters such as platform choice.

As I am yet unable to use Adobe CS5, I can afford to spend my time after work, after study and after my other responsibilities, increasing my little bit of computer familiarity, and trying to understand the language of video editing, so that I will NOT waste my money on the wrong platform when the time comes, or else I can pick my nails.

I have to be patient until I have made enough money to eventually buy the components for the system I need. Only then can I start looking at Adobe CS5 on my own computer for the first time, and start learning to do all the creations and editing that I dream of doing with Adobe programs.

The crux of the matter is that not everyone had a kick-start with tools as a child, not everyone had the opportunity to go to school properly when they were young and not everyone lives high above the breadline – so for some people certain things just take a bit longer than the norm.

It is encouraging to know that President Abraham Lincoln's formal education consisted of approximately 18 months of classes from several itinerant teachers and that he was mostly self-educated.

Your mind should now be at ease. It is sometimes best that we are limited in our thinking, so that we may rise to more pressing matters.

I agree. My mind is just about at ease, just a few more little things to suss out.

THANKYOU for your wise words!

Thankyou for your recommendation.

I decided to stick to my choice of either getting the old school X58 platform or to wait for the Waimea platform (funds permitting).

• 6. Re: My Apologies & Thoughts – I was unaware that some replies were conditional to purchase or payment.
                    SuperCrawler. Level 1

Harm,

I have been wanting to reply to your question earlier, but my Forum account was disabled and still is – hence the full stop next to my screen name.

Thankyou for your reply - I appreciate it.

You asked me to explain a matter. Please bear with my following writings if I repeat things – I try to explain as best as I can within my scarce spare time.

This is a LONG post, and my final post in Adobe Forums (besides my two replies to post #2 and post #3,) unless a further question is asked to me in this thread, or besides replying to thank a participant to close this matter, and unless maybe if a Forum for Dummies and Slowies pop up. I do not expect you to read this entire post, because it is a LONG post and I respect your time.

Please be at peace that elsewise I will NOT participate any further in this Forum, in prevention of having a salesperson reply to my hardware related question(s) and I, unware of such person being a salesperson, reply to that person with a question or my view, and then be informed that I was 'bugging' that person and expecting things from that person which I should pay that person for (I refer to the link and quote below in this post) - I cannot tell beforehand whether or not a salesperson will reply to a post, and I cannot know beforehand that such person is a salesperson until such is specified, and I cannot know beforehand that I am to pay such person for replies until such is specified.

If I upset people with my posts, and my latest apologies, it was truly not my intention to do so.

I am sad to withdraw from this Forum, because there are kind people who helped me much in this Forum.

I hereby thank all the participants who were patient enough to help me learn much, especially you, Harm – I learned the most from you and your advice and answers steered me to discover many valuable things that will help me much in time to come.

I value your time, effort and kindness spent on me.

I admire the way you replied to me.

Thankyou for taking the time to post me the “English Lesson”. I enjoyed that very much!

Yet I still wonder why, if people from Poland were called, Poles, people from Holland weren't called, Holes.

It is people like you that make the world a better place – you even wrote, “However, if I offended you, ..., I apologize.”. This made me hang my head, because I did not intend you and your reactions at all - I did not write the names of the people whose posts I wrote about in my thread here, so I am sorry if you felt uncertain whether or not I intended you and your reactions.

Please be assured that you have NEVER in any way offended me. On the contrary you have helped me in the best ways and with much patience and kindness.

The things that you taught me in your replies to me, and in your articles, are priceless and if my memory doesn't fail me I will never forget that I learned so much from you (for free). Thankyou.

You are a roll model from whom we can learn much.

I appreciate your honesty.

I appreciate your polite critisism.

I appreciate the way you write with kindness and humility.

I can learn from that.

You are a true example of a wise leader.

PS. No need to plaster the forum with all your message to the same post.

Yes, I see that now. I learned from post #2 above that by adding a link at the end of my threads where my apologies and thoughts concerning this matter could be read, it was seen as “spamming”. My intention was to get my apologies and thoughts to whoever may have felt 'bugged' by me, explaining that my intention was NEVER to 'bug' anyone – yet, then by doing so, I've gone and plastered the forum, 'bugging' it. I apologise for “spamming”.

In reply to your question :

I do appreciate this post and the way to clarify your position, but fail to understand the relation to

conditional to purchase or payment.

Can you explain?

Thankyou for your appreciation. I try to explain below.

I view the following reply to me as conditional to purchase or payment.

Quoted from post no. 23 of Can you check my final setup? Two things not clear yet.

(I replaced the participants', who I write about here, real names with Mr. X, Mr. Y and Mr. Z.)

Mr. Z wrote to me :

Supercrawler,

[Mr.
                    X] is in business to build you the kind of system that you need and
                    then fully support you with that system.  He would not be able
                    to stay in business if he fully designed your system and you built
                    it.  ]Mr. X and Mr. Y are very valuble contributors here and we
                    all benefit from their experience, contributions here and opinions.
                    He has given you all that you could ask for and yet you keep bugging
                    him for decisions you have to make for yourself or pay him to do
                    for you

I do not know how else to interpret the sentence,

yet you keep bugging him for decisions you have to make for yourself or pay him to do for you.” than

• that I keep BUGGING him,

• that I keep bugging him for DECISIONS,      and

• that ELSE I HAVE TO PAY HIM.

I looked again, and I honestly could not find a post where I asked this salesman, Mr. X, to make DECISIONS for me. On the contrary I was NOT at all expecting Mr. X to make decisions for me.

I felt offended by the above post, because up until I read the above post #23, I was not made aware beforehand that if this salesperson replied to my posts, and I replied back with a question or a view, that I would have to pay this salesman. This salesman, Mr. X, of who the participant, Mr. Z, in the above quote wrote about, in fact never gave me the impression that his replies were conditional to purchase or payment.

THE FOLLOWING IS A SUMMARY OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED :

1. The Original Poster asked for suggestions concerning his setup.

He wrote,

Hey guys, … Oh and please, if you have a suggestions to change something ...make it a suggestion with enough info to let me make a choice in the matter.

As the OP did not specify whether or not he would need a harware controller, nor specified his source material, editing style, the nature of his timelines and the time pressure he is under with his projects, or how long he intends to use the system before upgrading to the next one,

I cared to share with him what I had learned, and replied to him with post #7 of Can you check my final setup? Two things not clear yet.

I merely shared my view to the Original Poster (NOT to the salesperson, Mr. X).

2. The salesperson, Mr. X, replied to my post, writing that the things I wrote in my post #7 was proved by him to be false.

So the next two days I read and studied those things again, for incase I read and learned it wrong.

3. In the meantime other participants and the salesperson, Mr. X, discussed the topic of my post #7.

4. After two days of studying the topic some more, I replied to the salesperson, Mr. X, in post #17,

explaining (including links) to him the reason why, by comparing his statement in his post #8 to me, “i have proven this to be false....”, to that which I have learned, I found difficulty as a newbie to understand his statement.

Therefore I asked the salesman, Mr. X, if their was a benchmark where I could view his tests that proved my learning in post #7 to be false,

because I did not find such proof in his thread, A big cup of "zip it" or the definative final P67 vs X58 answer thread.

In fact his writings in the aforementioned thread confirmed the quote which I posted in my post #7.

His writings in the aforementioned thread were :

16x is off the processor and isolated (assuming you only have a vid card) however there are generally 2 16x when adding something into the 2nd 16x is when that get reduced to 2x 8 electrical

and

yes the video card was reduced to a paltry 8x and according to the bios only running @ 2.5 GB/s where the raid card showed a full 5GB/s”.

Therefore I found his words to me in his post #8, “i have proven this to be false....”, contradictory to his above writings in his aforementioned thread.

I just wanted to be clear whether or not I was mistaken by what I learned.

I never argued with him, and I never insisted that he had to answer me.

I also referred to his writings,

Now in all fairless of disclosure the drive benchmarks dropped from our previous tests on X58 which is odd, we are guessing the video card as its ramping up would take bandwidth from the controller even though its supposed to be running 8x.”,

and I wrote,

I am eager to learn which exact motherboard(s) was/were used when you ran those previous tests on X58,

because I wanted to look at the board(s)'s available slots and lanes.

I never insisted that he had to reply me.

I also questioned his writings,

we are guessing the video card as its ramping up would take bandwidth from the controller even though its supposed to be running 8x.,

by asking,

Supposing the video card took bandwidth from the controller, even though its supposed to be running 8x, why do you think it would do that as it's ramping up?

I never insisted that he had to answer me.

I was merely interested in trying to understanding how things worked.

My questions were merely in consideration that he may have had a valid point, that he may have been right all along, in which case I would then have reconsidered buying the i7-2600K and its platform.

I NEVER discredited the i7-2600K and its P67 or Z68 platform – from what I researched on the internet, I explained why it made sense to me that for those who never needed a hardware raid controller and never needed a system for high-end video editing with large or complex projects and hectic multi-tasking, the i7-2600K and its P67 or Z68 platform would be nice.

5. The salesperson, Mr. X, replied to my post #17, writing, in post #18,

i am not wasting my time answering your post..

... you had clear answers but still cant seem to read or understand.

6. In my post #19 I thanked him for his reply and included a link to Videoguys Blog, where the writings by a person with the name Gary explained why Sandy Bridge is not recommended by Videoguys.

I included the Videoguys Blog link as a matter of SHARING what I have read, NOT to 'bug' anyone.

I never argued with the salesperson, Mr. X, and I never insisted that he had to reply to me.

7. In post #20, another participant replied to me, politely sharing his view regarding what he read from the Videoguys Blog link that I posted.

8. In post #21, the salesperson, Mr. X, replied to the latter person with a differing view.

9. Reading the differing views between him and the latter person, I remained uncertain about Mr. X's point,

so I asked him, in my post #22, which system/components he recommended for the needs described in the post, and wrote “I wont debate you, I will consider your recommendations”.

Perhaps I made the mistake of writing the word “buy” in the aforementioned post #22, actually meaning the system that I would BUILD with the components that I would buy, with reference to my earlier post #7 in the same thread, where I wrote, “I'm also in the process of planning my build.”.

10. In post #23 a top participant, Mr. Z, replied to me and wrote,

He
                    has given you all that you could ask for and yet you keep bugging him
                    for decisions you have to make for yourself or pay him to do for you.

Clearly I never asked the salesperson, Mr. X, anywhere to make decisions for me.

Clearly I did not 'bug' him to make decisions for me.

THE CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS THAT CONFUSED ME :

Mr. X's writings in his post #8 to me:

""""but if you need a hardware raid controller, the platform “lacks the required PCI-e lanes to accomodate more than a 16 x PCI-e nVidia card with CUDA support to enable hardware MPE acceleration”, in other words, the PCIe lanes available for a slot1 installed video card drop from x16 to x8 when you add a x8 PCIe controller card. This applies to the

Z68 platform too.""""

i have proven this to be false.... "

Mr. X's writings in his original post in A big cup of "zip it" or the definative final P67 vs X58 answer thread) :

16x is off the processor and isolated (assuming you only have a vid card) however there are generally 2 16x when adding something into the 2nd 16x is when that get reduced to 2x 8 electrical”.

and

yes the video card was reduced to a paltry 8x and according to the bios only running @ 2.5 GB/s where the raid card showed a full 5GB/s”.

So I don't understand how I 'bugged' him by wanting to figure out these contradictions by asking if there was a benchmark which us newbies can view that demonstrated his proof that the PCIe lanes available for a slot1 installed video card DID NOT drop from x16 to x8 when a x8 PCIe controller card was added.

So, if I interpreted Mr. Z's post #23 to me incorrectly, then I AM a dummy indeed, and then, yet again, I apologize.

The salesperson did not let me know beforehand that he was a salesperson, nor that I was to pay him for his replies, nor that I was bugging him.

I thought that the salesperson replied to me as a participant who merely answered/commented on someone's post because he wanted to do so by his own free wil.

If, in his replies to me, he had made me aware from the start that he was a salesperson and that his replies were for money, or that he did not want to participate if asked questions or for suggestions, because he ran a business where his time was money to him, then I would not have replied to him with my views and questions.

I felt offended by the above post #23 because I NEVER asked nor bugged him to make any decisions for me.

I did make it clear beforehand that I was planning to BUILD a system myself, meaning NOT to buy a turn-key system, so I do not understand why, if it was true that this salesperson felt bugged by me, he would yet nevertheless post me posts, despite the fact that I made it clear that I was planning to BUILD my system.

If it was true, then

• I wish the salesperson himself informed me earlier if he felt that I was bugging him.

• I wish the salesperson himself informed me earlier if his motives were solely to gain a sale.

• I wish the salesperson himself informed me earlier if he felt that I should pay him for his replies.

My apology to Mr. Z, in reply to post #23 quoted above, is in post no. 24 of Can you check my final setup? Two things not clear yet.

My apology to the salesperson, Mr. X, concerning post #23, is in post no. 25 of Can you check my final setup? Two things not clear yet.

Harm Millaard wrote:

I may be wrong about that, but you did show a tendency to repeat questions that had been answered in earlier posts. Might relate to the fact the English is not your/our native tongue.

I did repeat questions that I felt remained unanswered. I apologize if it was an irritation – hence my suggestion below for a Forum for Dummies and Slowies.

Harm Millaard wrote:

And yes, you earned your screen-name from the way you posted answers.

That's sad, but I take you seriously. I wish I understood which “way [I] posted answers”.

I suggest a special Forum especially for dummies and slowies, dedicated to computer video editing hardware related matters, so that whoever decides to reply to a dummy's or slowy's post, will know beforehand, “Here could come a really 'stupid' question, perhaps a real dummy or slowy who may take ages before they grasp something, or perhaps someone who may not understand English well” - this way the impatient people can rather not participate in the Forum for Dummies and Slowies.

It would be nice if such a Forum for Dummies and Slowies did not allow computer businesses to participate – for the purpose of preventing hijack and confusion by the pushing of sales.

Dit sal lekker wees as so 'n Forum vir Dommes en Stadiges, enige taal verwelkom, sodat iemand wat in die dom of stadige persoon se taal aan daardie dom of stadige persoon hulp wil verleen, dit in daardie persoon se taal kan doen. (Translated: It will be nice if such a Forum for Dummies and Slowies welcomes any language, to offer anyone who wants to respond to the dummy or slowy in the dummy's or slowy's language, the opportunity to do so.)

In return for your understanding, and your kindness, and the 'English Lesson',

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither ...

which I enjoyed very much, I share a short tale “The Emperor's New Clothes”, which you may know, at the following link.

http://deoxy.org/emperors.htm

Thankyou, Harm, for your priceless advice and help concerning Adobe related matters!

May you and your family have a LONG, happy, healthy, wealthy life!

I decided to stick to my choice of either getting the old school X58 platform or to wait for the Waimea platform (funds permitting).