4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2011 8:32 AM by chande a k

How to evenly extend multiple clips' length(time) as one unit?

RuesterProd Level 1

Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to succinctly ask the question...

I have over 200 clips I am working with in a slideshow format. I want to be able to select multiple clips and extend them all together in the timeline as if they were one clip (without precomposing) ie I don't want to just extend all clips end times, because I don't want them to overlap, but to be able to extend them evenly.

Is this possible? - I have CS5

• 1. Re: How to evenly extend multiple clips' length(time) as one unit?
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It's not possible in one step.  You can select all the layers and drag them out to the correct duration, but this won't alter their positions to evenly spread them out.  You can then use the Sequence Layers animation preset to redistribute them in time.

• 2. Re: How to evenly extend multiple clips' length(time) as one unit?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Andrew said, not possible and if I may say so, on some level also a bit illogical - if there was such an automated fitting feature, it would have to be based on temporal scaling (time-remapping) and result in different playback speeds and the resulting usual problems with interpolating crooked frames. Not sure if that would ever be useful in any way to anyone... If, as you say, you have enough handle, why not simpyl extend them and then arrange them sequentially using the relevent keyframe assistant,m as Andrew already mentioned? This would be a 2 minute thing and give you way better results than anything you can do with time stretching...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: How to evenly extend multiple clips' length(time) as one unit?
              RuesterProd Level 1

Yeah... upon thinking about it, I realized my question sounded pretty illogical. Thanks though!

• 4. Re: How to evenly extend multiple clips' length(time) as one unit?
                chande a k Level 1

Hi

If I have properly understood your question...My reply is

A  )  Make your composition duration not less than total duration of your 200 clips

B  ) Select 1st Layer in timeline., and with 1st layer selected Press Shift and select  last layer  of your clip

in this way all your 200 clips in the time line will be selected  for example AEffect 01.jpg

C )  All the clips selected, right click on the layer , and dialogue will open... select KEYFRAME ASSISTANCE  > Sequence layers see the exampleAEffect 02.jpg

Sequence layer window will open... uncheck Overlap see example..  click  OK and your problem is solved..  I am not expert., but have some working knowledge... If I am wrong., I will try to learn from the possible correct reply youmay getAEffect 03.jpg