1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 2:16 PM by adninjastrator

Export PNG images with alpha channel from flash

myhand22 Level 1

Hi,

I have this FLA with animation and when played, the animation has alpha channel. I can’t understand why when I look in the library I see the frames without the alpha channel and also when I try to export/extract the image again the image don’t have alpha channel.

How is it that in flash this image has alpha channel and how to get it out like that into PNG?

Here is the link to download the FLA:

http://download759.mediafire.com/nb749r29220g/e0636ab0ru6ouoa/Untitled-1.fla

• 1. Re: Export PNG images with alpha channel from flash
          adninjastrator Level 4

"when played, the animation has alpha channel"

how are you playing the animation? control/enter in Flash, Publishing to a Web page or what?

How can you tell that the animation has the alpha channel? What exactly are you seeing?

What is the aniimation? a series of images, one image moving? Are teweens imvolved?

" when I try to export/extract the image again the image don’t have alpha channel"

How are you exporting the image? is it a single image? or a series of frames that makes up an animation?

What was the file format of the original image? you brought that image into Flash and animated it? Now you want to export as a .png with transparency?

Have you ever tried to export a  simple .png before so that you see and understand the dialog box that pops up during export? are you chosing "24 bit with alpha channel" in the "Colors" choice?

For those of us who may not want to download your file, please provide a more detailed describtion of everything related to this question.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator