7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 10:48 AM by Bas.Jansen

Flex 4.51 Bug

IlyaG Level 1

Hi, I am using FlashProfesional CS5 and exporting swc to my flex 4.51.

I am getting this error:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of TextLayoutFormatValueHolder in flashx.textLayout.formats.TextLayoutFormatValueHolder.

at fl.text::TLFTextField/repaint()[F:\Stage\Flash11_Viper_Branch_31_Stage\main\authortool\St age\tlfRuntime\fl\text\TLFTextField.as:1050]

at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChildAt()

at fl.motion::AnimatorBase/play()

at fl.motion::AnimatorBase$/processCurrentFrame()

at fl.motion::AnimatorFactoryBase/addTargetInfo()

When I am switching from TLFText to classic text, this works fine.

Any ideas about how can I fix it or can you report this bug to adobe.

• 1. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Flash uses a different version of TLF than Flex.  I think you'd have to

modify Flash's TLF to match Flex

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
            IlyaG Level 1

Yep this is the problem indeed, the only question is how do I do that? It's layout component, I don't want to apply all my positions settings from code...

• 3. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by layout component.  I haven't looked to see how

TLF is installed in Flash.  You might be able to overlay a library or source

code in the installation.

• 4. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
                Bas.Jansen

We're having the same problem but can't figure out how to solve this, any more hints would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
                  drkstr_1 Level 4

IlyaG wrote:

Yep this is the problem indeed, the only question is how do I do that? It's layout component, I don't want to apply all my positions settings from code...

Instead of laying out the text field in your Flash component, layout a container that you can reference, and use it with the ContainerController when you create the TLF text field in actionscript .

• 6. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
                    Goliath- Level 1

had a similar problem in a flash project that required some classes from flex

the layout of the project was that i had an AS-project in Flash Builder with an swc linked into it, that Flash CS5 compiled (basically, i needed Flash that could use RemoteObjects instead of simple NetConnection - and some way of boosting compilation time; Flash compiles the visual assets in an swc and FB builds the app using that swc)

i tried messing around with the text-related-libs in both - FB and Flash; could not get this error fixed (it seemed to appear only for some tlf fields in Flash)

The fix that i came up with was to:

1. locate field causing the error
                    2. removing it
                    3. replacing it with a tlf-field that did not cause such errors (or creating a fresh one with the T-tool)
                    4. manipulating the contents of the tlf as needed

for some reason - it worked O-)

• 7. Re: Flex 4.51 Bug
                      Bas.Jansen Level 1

Thank you for the clarification.

I eventually solved my problem by downloading and using the Flex 4.1 compiler from http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+4