2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2011 6:23 PM by sddld

Please Help??? Switched eReader for identical brand.  ADE won't recognize new device.

setback59

Help!  Short version, ADE worked fine with pervious eReader.  Reader had issues and had to be replaced for identical device but I cannot get ADE to recognize new device.  I uninstalled and reinstalled (downloaded) the software. Also restarted computer each time.  As soon as I reinstalled the ADE program, original books and setup reappeared as it did in the original setup. However, no matter what I do or did, I cannot get it to setup as a new account or recognize the new device.  Any suggestions?  Anyone????  Help!!!!

b/t/w, contacted the chat folks, they had me submit a ticket but you know how that goes on a Sat Night//Sun Morning.

Thanks for anything anyone can do to help!

Setback59

• 1. Re: Please Help??? Switched eReader for identical brand.  ADE won't recognize new device.
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Have you registered the device with its 'home' website?  Many times when

this happens, it hasn't been updated by the 'home' website with the

appropriate information for ADE to use to recognize it.

=================

• 2. Re: Please Help??? Switched eReader for identical brand.  ADE won't recognize new device.
            sddld

I work for a library and have seen this issue with Nooks and other devices. Brand new devices will just never bring up the "device setup assistant" within Adobe Digital Editions that is supposed to ask you to authorize the device.

First thing to check is...does the device show up in Windows Expolrer (or My Computer) after you plug it in with USB. If no, then you have some USB problem. It may just be a bad cable or could be some Windows USB driver problem or a defective device. You may need to contact support for your device.

Assuming it does show up under Windows Explorer/My Computer, then you want to go into the drive letter for that device and look for the folder ".adobe-digital-editions." You may need to "show hidden files" to see it. Once you find that folder, delete it. Then eject/unplug the USB and plug it back in and then open Adobe Digital Editions and hopefully it will now recognize the device and offer to authorize it.