5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 1:14 PM by Rick Gerard

Warp stabalizer feature issue

mathewlisett Level 1

ive been messing with this feture and the only bit from it that never works as it always says "stabalizer failed" is with "no motion"

im on windows 7 ultimate x64

and this happen no matter what i do to the settings or file im using

• 1. Re: Warp stabalizer feature issue
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You'll have to be more descriptive and provide screenshots. Just saying it doesn't work isn't realyl telling anything to anyone here. System specs? Waht footages? Comp settings? Also, does it run at all and do you actually see the background process in your task manager? could simply be a permissions problem where the effect cannot connect to the BG process...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Warp stabalizer feature issue
            mathewlisett Level 1

ther only thing that happens, is after a while of "stabalizing" it will then have a red line with "stabalizing failed"

and as stated before, no matter what setting i have the c"no motion" set with, it alwasy failes.

but when i change it from no motion to smooth, theres never an issue .

and i believe i had already answered the file spec, system spec, so i have a feelign you didnt read my post correctly.

this happens with what ever file im using with with ever comp seting i have it on.

yes the stabalizer works from task managaer but then as ive said will suddenly bring up the failed message.

• 3. Re: Warp stabalizer feature issue
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

and i believe i had already answered the file spec, system spec,

You didn't say anything about your comp settings, framerates etc. and what the sources actually are. All I know is that you are running on Windows 7 64bit and that's not much to go on. Especially if you were working with sources liek AVCHD, other issues utterly unrelated to the stabilizer itself might figure in. So anything you can do to clarify will help. IOn fact I think that might be the problem, after all, here - choosing "No Motion" may cause AE not to properly decode the footage and then the background instance has nothing to work with. Normalyl this would then relate to a media cache issue or something being awry with multiprocessing settings, so as a minor, look into that...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Warp stabalizer feature issue
                mathewlisett Level 1

this would happen with any file used and any setting.

but thr formats would euther be mp4 abd m2ts

• 5. Re: Warp stabalizer feature issue
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try transcoding your clips to a production codec. Even MotionJpeg would do. Highly compressed formats may or may not work directly in AE because of the GOP compression scheme.