3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 11:53 AM by Bill Gehrke

what specs solely govern exporting speed?

Keith_Clark Level 2

i'm just wondering, what peice of hardware would one maximize strictlyfor speeding up final exports? not concerned about MPE, or rendering or anything like that.... just the final delivery exporting only.

i have started experimenting with AVCHD, and just exporting a completely vanilla timeline of 24mbps 1080p, my system outputs to h.264 BR format in 1/2 speed (5 minute timeline takes 10 minutes to export. 10 min. timeline takes 20 mintes to export, etc.) which i dont think is bad at all. [i have a buddy who does indie shorts here, and he just upgraded to AVCHD last year... on his 32-bit win xp, running cs4 with 4 gigs of memory, and has a box fan blowing into his opened PC case to keep it from overheating and shutting down... so i feel fortunate that i'm not having to deal with *that* so exporting half speed doesnt seem all that bad )

i was just wondering is there a specific component that governs the final export speed? or is it more how your whole system just comes together that gives you speed on the final output? just turning gears here.