Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datasource Creation from Command line

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2006 Oct 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have plenty of data sources needed for our application and creating a sum of those with similar information takes some time. Is there any way to create them from the command line so I could maybe automate the creation process and make the process faster?

Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably depends on the database platform...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have MS SQL Server and we use MS JDBC driver to access it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a quick google and can't imemdiately find anything, but I'd be stunned if microsoft didn't have CLI to create datasources on a microsoft OS.

Failing that if you can create an authenticated CF user I'm certain that the admin interface to create datasources can be exposed as a CFC but I don't recall the details.

Also, I'm pretty sure that cfquery type="dynamic" may help, since it lets you specify a whole load of connectivity detail...

I'm being a bit vague, because I'm cooking right now. Google is your friend though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2006 Oct 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan,

That almost does it. I also found this one:
http://infinitewebdesign.com/journal/designers/archives/2006/01/03/dynamic-datasources-in-coldfusion...
Which explains how to create a JDBC datasource

Somehow I am getting an error message stating " Current user is not authorized to invoke this method"
I logged in as admin and not sure why I am getting this message, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore my last message, turns out that adminapi.login wasn't being called properly, the question now is how I could create datasources for 2 other CF instances, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation