2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 10:32 PM by Matthias Kolb

Embed streaming video from my own Server into InDesign CS5

Matthias Kolb

Hi all,

I try to place a streaming video into my Indesign CS5 Document. InDesing seems to find the File, cause it shwos up the preview image in the Media Window, but the videoslider nor the play-button of the media-window is working.

the link (Red5 Streaming Server):

rtmp://87.230.53.80/oflaDemo/personaltv/bewerbermagazin/wuerzburg/test/video.flv

When I export it as an interactive PDF, and I click on the videoframe, it first shows the security dialog as expected, but after that it is only the empty player and the progressbar looks like it can not connect to the streaming server.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks in Advance for any hint!

P.S.: If I load it from my webserver via http:// ... it works great.

• 1. Re: Embed streaming video from my own Server into InDesign CS5
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think this isn't really an InDesign issue at all. It sounds like an Acrobat issue.

First, you haven't said what version of Acrobat you're using. I'm assuming Acrobat X Pro?

I've used this with a friend's Flash Media Server so I know it works. What version of Flash server do you have installed?

I the link you provide I see a spaceband after the word "test" in the path. Could that be a problem?

Other than that, it appears that you're following the requirements listed in the Help file for Acrobat X Pro.

If you have further problems, you might post this on the Acrobat User Forum.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Embed streaming video from my own Server into InDesign CS5
            Matthias Kolb Level 1

Hi Steve,

thanks for your quick reply! I'm using Acrobat 9 Pro and my streaming server is the Red5 streaming server. The space after "test" was a mistake. OK, I'll give it a try in the Acrobat Forum.

...but it should be an InDesign Issue too, cause of the broken Play-Button and Slider function in the Media Window. I can see the first frame of the Video as usal, but I can't play it, nor I can use the Slide to navigate in the Video to preview it.

Maybe it is the Red5 Server?

Thanks again!