• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimizer warning: error encountered while processing images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem optimizing a PDF in Acrobat (9.4.5). I first created a PDF from within PowerPoint (Office for Mac). When I optimize the PDF in Acrobat, I consistently receive a "conversion warning" message stating the an "error was encountered while processing images." I don't have a problem saving PDFs from programs such as InDesign or Illustrator. I tried converting the ppt to an earlier version but receive the same warning in Acrobat.

Any ideas how to fix this? I have a lot of .ppt files to convert into PDF. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are the images in Powerpoint? What method did you use for creating the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PowerPoints consist of photos and text. I don't know the image formats because the ppts were put together by meeting attendees. I image most are jpg. I have about 10 ppt files to convert to PDF. I created the PDFs in PowerPoint: File>Save As PDF. I've tried a bunch of different things but I still receive the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test with PowerPoint 2011 on the Mac. I placed several JPEG files into a set of slides. I created a PDF file the same way you did (File > Save As PDF).

Then I used Optimizer in both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat X to reduce image resolution to 72 ppi. I encountered no errors in either version of the program.

What version of PowerPoint are you using? Have you try re-saving the PPT files in Powerpoint (File > Save As) to rewrite the files?

What settings did you use in the Optimizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PowerPoint 2011 also. The ppt file is 29 mb and when saved to PDF goes down to 26 mb. I did try re-saving the ppt file but no luck. It doesn't matter which settings I select in Optimizer, I get the same error message. I've never had a problem with the Optimizer on a PC, which is surprising!

To: Mary McFadzen [email address deleted by host]

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 7:59 PM

Subject: Re: Optimizer warning: error encountered while processing images Optimizer warning: error encountered while processing images

I just did a test with PowerPoint 2011 on the Mac. I placed several JPEG files into a set of slides. I created a PDF file the same way you did (File > Save As PDF).

Then I used Optimizer in both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat X to reduce image resolution to 72 ppi. I encountered no errors in either version of the program.

What version of PowerPoint are you using? Have you try re-saving the PPT files in Powerpoint (File > Save As) to rewrite the files?

What settings did you use in the Optimizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen on only one PPT file? There could be a corrupted graphic in the file. To figure out which one, you'd have to use some diagnosis. Create a PDF of only the first half of the PPT file, and try to optimize that. Repeat for the second half of the PPT. The part which fails has a bad graphic. Repeat breaking each part into two parts to narrow it down to the page where there is a bad graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything you suggested (and then some) and I still receive the same error message. I took the file to a co-worker and on her PC she easily optimized the PDF file after creating the PDF in PowerPoint!  I think it's a software issue. Any suggestions? I read in another forum that Adobe says it's Microsoft issue and Microsoft says it's an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more inclined to think it's something in your Acrobat installation. Perhaps a corrupted preferences file. You could try uninstalling and installing Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea..will do in the next few weeks. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution for this. You need to go into Advanced>Print Production>Flattener Preview and then apply the flattening first (you can compress the images right in there as well).

Once you do that you can "Reduce File Size"... interesting that Adobe hasn't put that message into the error handling for this. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I upgraded to Acrobat X two months ago. Since this time, I have optimized a large PDF (made from a PowerPoint file) once and it worked! I appreciate the advice and will keep it just in case.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines