4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 9:56 AM by halleys_trauma

REGISTRATION CONNECTION FAILURE

jelbuilder
      Does anyone know why when I successfully install and activate Fireworks CS3, the registration screen appears and gives me the following message:

Registration - Connection Failure
      We were unable to connect to Adobe to Register your product.

To proceed with Registration please check the following:
      Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
      Make sure JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings.
      Click the Register Now button.

I make sure JavaScript is enabled and the internet is obviously connected, but then I can't get out of this screen even by clicking 'Register Now', 'Register Later', or 'Never Register'. I just stay stuck there forever. I think it has something to do with the FNPLicensingService.exe that comes up in Task Manager, but I'm not sure what. Otherwise, I can see that Fireworks has successfully loaded up and is ready to go, BUT THEN THE NAG REGISTRATION SCREEN APPEARS and it gets stuck there!!!

Adobe has been useless in getting back to me with any answers. Can anyone help? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: REGISTRATION CONNECTION FAILURE
          Level 7
          jelbuilder wrote:
          > Does anyone know why when I successfully install and activate Fireworks CS3,
          > the registration screen appears and gives me the following message:
          >
          > Registration - Connection Failure
          > We were unable to connect to Adobe to Register your product.
          >
          > To proceed with Registration please check the following:
          > Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
          > Make sure JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings.
          > Click the Register Now button.
          >
          > I make sure JavaScript is enabled and the internet is obviously connected, but
          > then I can't get out of this screen even by clicking 'Register Now', 'Register
          > Later', or 'Never Register'. I just stay stuck there forever. I think it has
          > something to do with the FNPLicensingService.exe that comes up in Task Manager,
          > but I'm not sure what. Otherwise, I can see that Fireworks has successfully
          > loaded up and is ready to go, BUT THEN THE NAG REGISTRATION SCREEN APPEARS and
          > it gets stuck there!!!
          >
          > Adobe has been useless in getting back to me with any answers. Can anyone
          > help? Thanks.
          >
          Firewall maybe?

SKB
          • 2. Re: REGISTRATION CONNECTION FAILURE
            mmcguigan
            I'm assuming you are on Windows as well.

I've been trying to figure this one out for Design Premium CS3 for several days. The message isn't very clear, but I've managed to get through it.

First it is not your browser that needs JavaScript enabled, unless your browser is Internet Explorer.
            After fiddling with my browser settings for a while I kinda figured it might not be using my default browser. So I went over to Internet Explorer's settings where I have everything locked down for security sake and only allow sites in my trusted site list to use it. I added *.adobe.com to the trusted sites list and found that it is not trying to connect to a server at adobe.com.

After a bit more frustration I turned the security settings in Internet Explorer for the Internet Zone to low.

To do this in IE7:
            1. Open Internet Explorer.
            2. Find the 'Tools' menu.
            3. Select 'Internet Options'.
            4. Select 'Security' tab.
            5. Select 'Internet'.
            6. Press 'default level' If available. - Registration might work at this level, I didn't try.
            7. Move slider to low.
            8. Press apply.

Then the registration worked. After registration, I turned Internet Explorers Internet Zone settings to high.

I would like to know what web address Adobe registration is connecting to, so I could add it to my trusted site list, instead of leaving things all wide open for this one thing. I'm hoping the initial registration window was all I needed that open for. I don't want to be forced to change those security settings on a regular basis.

• 3. Re: REGISTRATION CONNECTION FAILURE
              jelbuilder Level 1
              I couldn't figure out why this problem was happening for me, nor could anyone else help (thanks for everyone's input though). I ended up doing a complete system restore on my laptop (due to other reasons as well) and I reinstalled all my Adobe products which work perfectly now. This includes Fireworks CS3 which now works great. I can't understand it, but what the heck, it works now! Go figure!!!
              • 4. Re: REGISTRATION CONNECTION FAILURE
                halleys_trauma

I opened my Explorer manually. Browse to it (This PC/ Local Disk C/ Program files/ Internet Explorer) select "iexplore"

Once opened click the cog in the upper right or press "ALT+X" for tools

Select "internet options"

Select the "Security" tab

Move the slider down to medium

Click apply

And then retry on the Adobe pop up

This worked for me