1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 5:28 PM by iaxonsan99

selecting Headline (A-Z)

iaxonsan99

Hi, a DTP recently gave me some corrections to make to an indesign document and told me all page documents should have master C (which I understood) and Headline R (which I did not understand). Where do I select headline templates like this?

• 1. Re: selecting Headline (A-Z)
          Scott Falkner Level 5

Without more context that makes no sense. Perhaps the DTP (what does that stand for?) was referring to a paragraph style, perhaps called something like "R Headline". Your question about a template makes no sense.

Another possibility is that only some pages have a headline and for only those pages you should use Headline R as the Master page. Scour the Pages panel and the Paragraph Styles panels for clues. You could also compress the file as a .zip file and put it online somewhere then paste a link in a reply so others can examine the file. If you do that be sure to remove any sensitive or confidential data and sae a copy.

The easiest way to put such a file online is to throw it into your Dropbox/Public folder then right-click on it and Copy Public Link. If you don’t have Dropbox (shame on you), get it here.