6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 6:07 AM by debp2

Acrobat Pro and Reader 9.4.4 to 9.4.5 Updates Fail

pixelrick

I was unable to get a satisfying answer via phone support, and after connecting with a supervisor, I was disconnected. So here goes...

(Mac OS X 10.6.8) Adobe Updater 6  began notifying me recently that updates were available for Adobe Reader from 9.4.4 to 9.4.5, but my attempts to follow instructions resulted in Error 1301 "The update could not be applied because the Adobe Reader application contents were modified since the original installation. Please reinstall Adobe Reader and check for updates again."

Adobe updater soon notified me of the need to update my Acrobat Pro from 9.4.4 to 9.4.5, but but my attempts to follow instructions resulted in Error 1301 "The update could not be applied because the Acrobat Pro application contents were modified since the original installation. Please reinstall Acrobat Pro and check for updates again."

When Adobe updates its software, I shouldn't have to "reinstall" old software and "check for updates again" in order to install the update. Surely Adobe can offer a more direct, convenient way for customers to update their licensed software?