9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 6:03 PM by the_wine_snob

Limited number of transitions?

Sounds_Upright Level 1

Hi I've just tried to add a 5th transition and I cannot see the transition...all I see is a red line at the top of the timeline where I would expect the transition to be. I cannot edit the length of the transition at all.....which makes me wonder are there a limited number of transistions I can use? Why can I not edit this transition but I could edit the previous four transitions...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Limited number of transitions?
          Sounds_Upright Level 1

I just noticed I'm trying to transition between a clip that I cut....does this make a difference?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Limited number of transitions?
            nealeh Level 5

Position the CTI near the transition Increase your magnification of the timeline (either with the slider or the [+] key). Zoom in far enough and you should be able to see the transition and extend its length and/or adjust its properties. If you don't see it at all either on the timeline or during playback in the monitor pane then you probably deleted it when cutting the clip.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Limited number of transitions?
              Sounds_Upright Level 1

Thanks for the respone....this one has me stumped. I can see the area where the transition is at because it is red and when I render it the transition becomes green but when I zoom in there there is nothing to grab on to to adjust...it's really strange. The first set of transitions I had no problem adjusting but from the forth transition onward I can't seem to adjust the length of these. Again thanks for help

• 4. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                Sounds_Upright Level 1

I just zoomed in as close as I could and there is a transition there as when I press play the transition does what it's suppose to do but I cannot see a "transition block" (for lack of a better word) and I cannot make any adjustment to the transition. What could be causing this?

• 5. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Did you say you just sliced a clip and then dropped a transition on the cut? If so, you're transitioning from a clip to itself -- so your transition may be "invisible", since there is no difference between the clip you're coming from and the one you're going to.

If your transition can't be resized, it could be that you're actually on a mini-clip between some larger clips. Delete the transition and use the + key to zoom in as close as possible to the intersection of the clips on the timeline. If there's a one or two-frame clip in there, delete it.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                    Sounds_Upright Level 1

Thanks for the response Steve....I feel so lame and you're never going to believe this but .....I didn't have the top of the clip visible so the adjustment point for the transition was out of view off screen because I have the track expanded. Thanks for all the help guys.

• 7. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you found the issue. Sometimes, the scroll bars can rather get lost. I still loose a few, and I should know exactly where to look.

As for any limit on Transitions, the answer is NO, there is no limit. That was to help anyone, who finds the thread later on.

In PrE, I have had 100+ Transitions, and in one PrPro Project, over 3000.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                        Sounds_Upright Level 1

Yeah,....the scroll bar was the problem. Thanks Bill....You guys are great around here.

PS: 3000 plus transitions....that's mind blowing!!

• 9. Re: Limited number of transitions?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

PS: 3000 plus transitions....that's mind blowing!!

Well, it's an 8+ hour opus, with 3000+ stills, 100's of MOV's, AVI's, maybe 50 3D animations, and will be authored into a 9 disc DVD set, when complete.

Yeah, those danged scroll bars - they often play fits with me too, especially when I am starting a Project on my little 17" laptop. I feel so very much better, when I move it up to dual 21's on the workstation. Monitor real estate always makes MY life better.

Good luck,

Hunt