1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 9 audio issue

stivblik Level 1

Hi, i have an audio issue with Premiere Elements 9.

I just purchased a Dazzle DVC 100. I've captured Video/Audio through Pinnacle Studio no problems.
      But when I try to capture in PE9 I only get Video. I have changed every setting i could find under the
      audio preferences menus, tried every combination i could but still no audio. Am i missing something?
      Thanks for any help forwarded!

These are the settings i tried.

edit - project settings - playback settings - I've clicked both Desktop Audio/External Device Audio

edit - preference - audio hardware - Default Device - Premiere Elements WDM Sound
                                                                                 ASIO Settings - Input - Realtek Digital Input (selected)

- Output - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (selected)
                                                                                                                      - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) (selected)

Tried the Default Device: Asio4All v2 setting

This comes up with 2 options Realtek High Def Audio and Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device
      I have selected both these still no audio.

I'm stumped.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 audio issue
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately the Dazzle is one of those low-end capture units that are pretty much made to work with the video editor that comes with them. Even converting the video won't make it more compatible with Premiere Elements.

As I explain in my books as well as in the FAQs to the right of this forum, the best devices for capturing video for editing your PC are called DV bridges. The best value is the ADS Pyro AV Link, available for about $100 online.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431853?tstart=0

The video it captures load right into Premiere Elements and edit beautifully!