2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 1:29 AM by nicolebauer1982

Export 6 page brochure to single pages

nicolebauer1982

Hi there,

I'm working on a 6 page folded brochure that looks like this one for example:

http://www.pixel8ltd.com/gfx/large-designs/3i-tent-brochure-design.jpg

In InDesign I have two sheets with 3 pages each:

Page 3Page 6Page 1
      Page 2Page 4Page 5

But I also need a PDF version to put on the web and therefore I don't want two pages, but 6 individual pages. Is there any way to export this to a PDF with the pages in the right order (if I do it as it is now it would do Page 3, Page 6, Page 1, Page 2, Page 4, Page) without having to move around the pages before?

Thanks

Nicole

• 1. Re: Export 6 page brochure to single pages
          Migintosh Level 4

nicolebauer1982 wrote:

In InDesign I have two sheets with 3 pages each:

Page 3Page 6Page 1
          Page 2Page 4Page 5

So if I understand you correctly, your InDesign document has two pages, and on each page you have built three pages. Do I have that right? If so, you may want to try making a new document the size of a single page, and place the original InDesign document into it the way you place an image. When you have the image placed, crop and position it so that a single page of the three-page page is centered on the single-page page (that's a mouthful…). When you're done placing on all six pages of the new document, you can export that as a multi-page PDF. If you need to edit the original, just update the images in the other document the way you would update modified images.

A different way to have gone when creating the original doc would have been to set up the document size as a single page, then use the Pages panel to orient the pages into two spreads of three pages each. When you export to PDF, it will be a six-page PDF unless you check the Spreads checkbox when exporting, in which case you would get a two-page PDF that looked like the screenshot.Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 2.57.13 AM.png

• 2. Re: Export 6 page brochure to single pages
            nicolebauer1982 Level 1

The first solution sounds very good! I'll try that! Thanks a lot!